Outgoing Octopus

nowty

Re: Outgoing Octopus

Post by nowty »

My declared target of 2MWh export this month is in jeopardy. :evil:

I have 100 kWh to go with only 2 and a half days left, mostly grey skies here today and Sunday looks pants too. :?

I shall have to be more aggressive with my off peak charging, time to crank up the supplementary battery charger/exporter which I only use in winter. :twisted:

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Saturday 29th June nailed my 2 MWh export target by itself with a new daily record of 104 kWh exported. :mrgreen:

So thats a net export income of £247 for a single month. :twisted:

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

nowty wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:44 pm Saturday 29th June nailed my 2 MWh export target by itself with a new daily record of 104 kWh exported. :mrgreen:
So thats a net export income of £247 for a single month. :twisted:
Ssshhhhh! You will give the new Chancellor ideas...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWh pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWh batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWh pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

Another hard day at Nowty Towers and I'm not missing having the deemed export. :mrgreen:

Octopus outgoing income over same timeframe net of import costs are about £500. :twisted:
Deemed export over the same timeframe would have been about £30. :lol:

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AGT

Post by AGT »

I forgot to submit my FIT for end June☹️
nowty

Post by nowty »

Weather forecast down here on the south coast for the next 3 days is looking up after the last few miserable days here.

I think I'm going to have a crack at beating my continuous export record which currently stands at a continuous 44hrs with a minimum export of 2kW. I wonder if I can make 3 full calendar days, so 72 hours and lets have a stretch target minimum export of 3kW and obviously no help from the grid during the continuous export.

The EV is a bit low so I shall scam some extra cheap hours from the octopus this evening so I can start at midnight with a full home battery. I am going to start off at midnight tonight with a minimum of 3kW export but I reserve the right to drop it to 2kW if the weather does not play ball.

If the weather forecast is accurate I should generate 60 to 80 kWh each day and I will have a 60kWh battery reserve to start with. It looks ok on the maths but that assumes I'm not using any energy in the house which of course I will. SWMBO is at daughters so I at least have a chance. :xx:

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 4:12 pm Weather forecast down here on the south coast for the next 3 days is looking up after the last few miserable days here.

I think I'm going to have a crack at beating my continuous export record which currently stands at a continuous 44hrs with a minimum export of 2kW. I wonder if I can make 3 full calendar days, so 72 hours and lets have a stretch target minimum export of 3kW and obviously no help from the grid during the continuous export.

The EV is a bit low so I shall scam some extra cheap hours from the octopus this evening so I can start at midnight with a full home battery. I am going to start off at midnight tonight with a minimum of 3kW export but I reserve the right to drop it to 2kW if the weather does not play ball.

If the weather forecast is accurate I should generate 60 to 80 kWh each day and I will have a 60kWh battery reserve to start with. It looks ok on the maths but that assumes I'm not using any energy in the house which of course I will. SWMBO is at daughters so I at least have a chance. :xx:

Good fortune to you in the endeavour. SWMBO was interrogating me today on the How's and when's of it all. I made up most of it. I think k it will be 🙂 👍.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

First morning in the 72 hour continuous exportathon at my stretch target of 3kW min export. Woke up early to find total cloud cover. :facepalm:

Not a good start but the cloud has now cleared and the battery is now net charging on the solar. :mrgreen:

I used about 50% of the battery overnight since midnight but the real test will be tonight because I don't know if I will get the battery back to full and then there is the hours before midnight as well as after which the battery must able to support. :?

I've done it before at 2kW but not 3kW, its a bit like Weetabix. ;)

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:21 am First morning in the 72 hour continuous exportathon at my stretch target of 3kW min export. Woke up early to find total cloud cover. :facepalm:

Not a good start but the cloud has now cleared and the battery is now net charging on the solar. :mrgreen:

I used about 50% of the battery overnight since midnight but the real test will be tonight because I don't know if I will get the battery back to full and then there is the hours before midnight as well as after which the battery must able to support. :?

I've done it before at 2kW but not 3kW, its a bit like Weetabix. ;)

Is the aim here a system test/stretch and 72×3×15p less any overnight costs?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:01 pm Is the aim here a system test/stretch and 72×3×15p less any overnight costs?
There will be no overnight costs, this is to see if I can export for 3 days (and nights) at 3kW without interruption or any grid support and still power my house. I could make more money by exporting at higher export rates in the day and charge overnight on the cheap slot.

But this is a personal record stretch test of my system and as an aside, I want to show just how far solar farms and batteries can power the grid. We can all do the maths theoretically but doing it for real is something else.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3