Outgoing Octopus

nowty

Re: Outgoing Octopus

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:36 am
Are you stopping at 3 days or rolling through to season end? :twisted:
I'm thinking of stopping at 3am Saturday to give it a rounded number of 75 hours of continuous minimum of 3kW export. Saturday's solar looks crap so I don't want to end up importing anything at peak rate.
16.9kW PV > 108MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 24MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Update on the exportathon, I was really happy with yesterdays run as I did not touch any controls, it just did its thing and exported another 72kWh. :O:

Its 9:00 am and already the battery discharge has turned into a net change with 3kW still feeding into the grid. Battery SOC is a very low 5% :? , so only just made it through the darkness. Some late cloud to the west really messed with last evenings generation. If it was not sunny first thing this morning, I think I would have failed in my quest.

So far Nowty Towers has been exporting with a continuous minimum of 3kW now for 57 hours. I was going to finish at midnight tonight to complete my declared 72 hours exportathon but I'm going to stretch it to 3am Saturday to make it a rounded 75 hours. :mrgreen:

That still leaves me 2.5 hours of cheapslot on Saturday morning to get some more into the batteries to get through a poor solar forecast tomorrow. :xx:

NOTE - If your wondering why the battery discharge is showing more than the battery charging its because the graph and stats are not including my 3kW of solar PV connected to the batteries via DC charge controllers. Thats about another 14kWh per day to add to generation and battery charging. :geek:

Day 1 recap - exported 81kWh with a continuous minimum of 3kW or £12.15 rebate on Outgoing Octopus tariff.

Day 2 - exported 72kWh with a continuous minimum of 3kW or £10.80 rebate on Outgoing Octopus tariff.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

That is some serious local grid support! The whole street maybe? This nodal export is way more potent than i'd given thought to.

On my own quest to learn.i enjoyed watching the solar diverter figure show the diverter catching the power automatically and chucking it at the HWT until the tank hit its limit. After that it went to the grid. All auto, I liked that.

This is prime for me as SWMBO'S "where's the hot water"? Rants are biblical.and to be avoided. :o

I am aware that id be better off charging HWT through the night and gaining on the export payment through the day. Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey. :D
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:20 am That is some serious local grid support! The whole street maybe? This nodal export is way more potent than i'd given thought to.

On my own quest to learn.i enjoyed watching the solar diverter figure show the diverter catching the power automatically and chucking it at the HWT until the tank hit its limit. After that it went to the grid. All auto, I liked that.

This is prime for me as SWMBO'S "where's the hot water"? Rants are biblical.and to be avoided. :o

I am aware that id be better off charging HWT through the night and gaining on the export payment through the day. Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey. :D
Luckily SWMBO is at her daughters, otherwise my experiment would be doomed to failure. Multiple washing loads at 50 or 60 degrees, ironing marathons, several hot water tanks drained through mopping, general cleaning, half hour showers, hair washing and finally hair dryer and hair straightening. :shock:
But then I would miss the magic laundry fairy and the self cleaning kitchen / bathroom. :?

Solar diverter has been switched off for months now, its redundant whilst we have the 7p import cheapslot and 15p export at anytime. Maybe there will be a limit on export or both cheap import and export are harmonised to the same value, then the solar diverter here will have value again.

Its the first 3 consecutive almost perfect days in mid summer here so I could not miss the opportunity to have a go at having a nominal 3kW all solar power station with 100% capacity factor for 3 whole days and nights. :mrgreen:

Tomorrow I'll be back to pump and dump with cheap slot IOG manipulation. :twisted:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:10 am
Joeboy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:20 am That is some serious local grid support! The whole street maybe? This nodal export is way more potent than i'd given thought to.

Luckily SWMBO is at her daughters, otherwise my experiment would be doomed to failure. Multiple washing loads at 50 or 60 degrees, ironing marathons, several hot water tanks drained through mopping, general cleaning, half hour showers, hair washing and finally hair dryer and hair straightening. :shock:
But then I would miss the magic laundry fairy and the self cleaning kitchen / bathroom. :?

Solar diverter has been switched off for months now, its redundant whilst we have the 7p import cheapslot and 15p export at anytime. Maybe there will be a limit on export or both cheap import and export are harmonised to the same value, then the solar diverter here will have value again.

Its the first 3 consecutive almost perfect days in mid summer here so I could not miss the opportunity to have a go at having a nominal 3kW all solar power station with 100% capacity factor for 3 whole days and nights. :mrgreen:

Tomorrow I'll be back to pump and dump with cheap slot IOG manipulation. :twisted:
I think we all feel the pain of the water Nymphs? :facepalm:

Managed just under 10kWhs by midday and the soc has been stable since 08.20hrs.

Now hoping to see how far beyond 20kWh we can do today and leave battery close to full at days end. :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Lost the good weather pattern on the PM. Ended up with 19.3kWh exported and back up to 88% soc on the stack.

I'm rather proud of that.

No1 will be onsite tomorrow with washing machine, cooking, gaming, shower etc so a bit more of a real world test for us.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Day 3 of the exportathon was another hands off easy affair with what is the first perfect cloudless day for 2024. Finally finished the exporting at 3am on day 4 to make exactly 75 hours of continuous 3kW export with no grid support, just solar and batteries.

But I've had to get up at 3am on day 4 to change the settings back on the battery inverter. :facepalm:

Day 3 - exported 72kWh with a continuous 3kW.

Day 4 - exporting finally finished at 3am after a continuous 75 hours.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

nowty wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:10 am

I know how you feel on a much smaller scale :praise:
I have been maxing IOG and import export continuously but have decided to turn the inverter down to see how that plays out.
Poor solar has not helped and yesterday was the first day this year where it is an almost perfect arc albeit lower generation as it was so hot.
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Yes indeed, hat's off @Nowty for achieving all you set out too, very impressive.
In comparison while our system exported 175 kWh's over the same three days our imports were 75, so a mere 100 kWh's nett. Our batts being set to export only between peak time hours of 16.00 & 19.00 and not the whole 24 as you have. :xl:
nowty

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:55 am Yes indeed, hat's off @Nowty for achieving all you set out too, very impressive.
In comparison while our system exported 175 kWh's over the same three days our imports were 75, so a mere 100 kWh's nett. Our batts being set to export only between peak time hours of 16.00 & 19.00 and not the whole 24 as you have. :xl:
I won't be doing it again as its hard on the batteries although I might have a go at breaking my max daily export record without grid support which I think currently stands at 104kWh. There might be a good day next week where if I get it all right I might be able to get within the 110kWh to 120kWh range.
Last edited by nowty on Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3