Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
djh

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by djh »

Moxi wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:42 pm IF you were getting a smart meter and joining the octopus would you get the meter with your existing supplier and then transfer or transfer and then get the meter with the octopus ?
Ask to transfer to a smart tariff with Octopus, then they'll have an incentive to do the change quickly.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:33 pm Tomorrow will be a great day as we are picking up our newest family member - an 8wk golden retriever pup. The only downside to tomorrow is that I will have to start assembling my next panel mount in the cramped shed so that I don’t get moss growing on me again.

By crap I take it you mean only 24 degrees and some fluffy clouds around in the south coast area 🤣

Actually what is the thermal output from large dogs as you could add my four dogs as heaters to the forum energy output.

Moxi
Cam's a good name? Congratulations on the new addition. Not so sure on kW output of dogs though?

Nice to see KH CF @ 77.7%. I has high hopes for the Ayrshire coast bringing it. Finally, here it is! :)

Humidity has went nuts here, 68% & 31 degs at 11pm.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:33 pm Tomorrow will be a great day as we are picking up our newest family member - an 8wk golden retriever pup. The only downside to tomorrow is that I will have to start assembling my next panel mount in the cramped shed so that I don’t get moss growing on me again.

By crap I take it you mean only 24 degrees and some fluffy clouds around in the south coast area 🤣

Actually what is the thermal output from large dogs as you could add my four dogs as heaters to the forum energy output.

Moxi
I can't let SWMBO see that, they are her favourite dog, about 15 years ago an elderly one called Sophie was always being walked around here and the owner let her cuddle it every time their paths met. Even to this day wherever we are, when she sees a similar dog she keeps saying, oh look it's Sophie. My bad humoured reply is always "Sophie's dead".

I remember when listening to Steve Wright's (RIP) radio show he used to occasionally have this posh guy talking about etiquette and one time he mentioned about in the very olden days before heating and you had overnight visitors, you'd put a dog on the guest's bed to warm it up.

By crap (weather) I mean its 21 degrees and heavy cloud with about 3 kW or 4kW coming in.

My weather App is telling me Moxiland is presently a bit damp.
16.9kW PV > 108MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 24MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Your weather app is very accurate 🤣

I will put up a photo in the pets section and yes don’t let the other half see it because he’s really cute!

Mart based on your previous posts I would say look at your own risk 😀

I see KH is also winding down a bit.

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

It’s a disaster ! When did the blades fall off at KH ?

🤣

I take the absence of the blades to suggest that they’re updating the dashboard a bit ready for Monday ? Or maybe the blades have really dropped off ? 😳

Moxi
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Anybody got anything from Ripple yet this month? I know they said it would be delayed and come later with KH to process too, but it's now about a fortnight after it usually comes in...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWh pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWh batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWh pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

No nothing for me yet but I am with EON next and I think it said we might be delayed more than others for some reason ? I have just logged in to check and while I was thee I reduced my DD amount so its been helpful anyway - thanks for the prompt ;)

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:44 am Anybody got anything from Ripple yet this month? I know they said it would be delayed and come later with KH to process too, but it's now about a fortnight after it usually comes in...
Ripple have said,

"As this is the first month for Kirk Hill savings, we need to undertake some additional data validation and we also need to include and verify any referral credits. This will take some additional time.

This means that even if you do not hold shares in Kirk Hill, your June savings will not be added to your electricity account until nearer the end of July.

Going forward we expect savings to be added to your electricity account on or around the third week of the month, not the second as has previously been the case."

They have failed to mention It used to be the first week before it became the second week and now going to the third week. :evil:
16.9kW PV > 108MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 24MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

nowty wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:05 pm
They have failed to mention It used to be the first week before it became the second week and now going to the third week. :evil:
... and we are now into the fourth week!
2.0 kW/4.62 MWh pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWh batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWh pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I may have set the cat amongst the pigeons.. :twisted:

Get it liked, the more the better. 👍
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2