Labour to use royal land to boost wind energy

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
dan_b

Re: Labour to use royal land to boost wind energy

Post by dan_b »

How is this different to the offshore wind farms that have all already been built and the ones that are in planning - they're all based on land made available by the Crown Estate as well? Or have I missed something?
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Coriolis

Post by Coriolis »

dan_b wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:18 am How is this different to the offshore wind farms that have all already been built and the ones that are in planning - they're all based on land made available by the Crown Estate as well? Or have I missed something?
Sounds like The Crown Estate will invest in projects and not just provide seabed leases.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... dependence
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Ok thanks - so essentially public money going into building the wind farms in addition to private capital.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Not a labour voter in any way shape or form, but happy to see that the main idea here is the UK keep the actual producing infrastructure rather than sell it off to foreign/private owners as usually the case. Thumbs up from me on the face of it, but will reserve judgement till chickens are actually counted.
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

resybaby wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:41 am Not a labour voter in any way shape or form, but happy to see that the main idea here is the UK keep the actual producing infrastructure rather than sell it off to foreign/private owners as usually the case. Thumbs up from me on the face of it, but will reserve judgement till chickens are actually counted.
I will second that - it bodes well for the future if the momentum continues to fruition, I also see the Kings influence in this and that would tend to lend credence to the project coming to full term and staying true to its project outcomes.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:47 am
resybaby wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:41 am Not a labour voter in any way shape or form, but happy to see that the main idea here is the UK keep the actual producing infrastructure rather than sell it off to foreign/private owners as usually the case. Thumbs up from me on the face of it, but will reserve judgement till chickens are actually counted.
I will second that - it bodes well for the future if the momentum continues to fruition, I also see the Kings influence in this and that would tend to lend credence to the project coming to full term and staying true to its project outcomes.

Moxi
I'd invest in this.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Absolutely agree on the Kings fingers being in the mix somewhere Moxi, a huge step forward should it come off. My fingers are crossed and similarly to Joeboy id be well happy to invest in it.
Supersized Ripple (with faster payments) please Charles :xl:
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

resybaby wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:52 am Absolutely agree on the Kings fingers being in the mix somewhere Moxi, a huge step forward should it come off. My fingers are crossed and similarly to Joeboy id be well happy to invest in it.
Supersized Ripple (with faster payments) please Charles :xl:
Good old Chasbo, well rated in Braemar/Ballater and surrounding area by some rough lads I used to know and respect.

"Supersized Ripple (with faster payments)" :lol:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

One point I picked up on was that having the Crown Estate put money in (from surplus which would otherwise go to the exchequer) it doesn't count as government / public spending!

I have no problem at all with public spending, especially for investment, but if this means that we can invest but avoid criticism under the arbitrary rules of the international financial community then I'm all for it.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!