Solar cycle path

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
Joeboy

Solar cycle path

Post by Joeboy »

https://www.pv-magazine.com/2023/05/04/ ... therlands/

Gon the Dutch, necessity can be a powerful driver.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Re: Solar cycle path

Post by Mr Gus »

Damn, the "solar road" stupidity is back.
I remember the trial path being reported, considering the slippery nature of paths on brakes & the ability for a bike at 5mph or under to slide in autumnal conditions (that had me freshly concussed during lockdown for a year+ I would prefer to leave this well alone & use the road first & foremost.

The grass is coarse & likely cut by gang mowers with big cylinder cutters that create mess (regardless of care) which is generally stop watch based on "time & motion" (cost cutting, jobs done on the run) stones get thrown, as does litter, cans, glass & bottles hidden (you are meant to walk the area "impossible" & remove litter / detritus, including dog-turds, ...this is how it was when I was a school teen on a summer job, it is also the ever present them vs us complaints being sent down from upstairs...

"Angus there is a complaint that you spread dog muck along a strip of grass"

Me: "And what am I supposed to do part the tall grass rummage around & scoop the crap up with my bare hands" !? ..was the type of answer we had to give too many times, you left a tuft uncut, complaint, run it over & it stank for hours, maybe flinging it onto a sizzling engine cover, over you or into your face (oh the weedeaters) ..but a complaint had to be entertained, you summoned to the office accused of this "crap"

So, beyond marketing opportunities for another office jock sweatily justifying their office based salary I cannot see these being cared for (ie go slowly, at cost to your likely cut bonus) ..we used to have to run where possible with mowers& paperwork would take one of the typically 3 in a team out for hours per day :roll:

If we consider the dutch soil to be similar to fen soil (shrinking) then how maintainable is the strip, how many extra cuts are required to maintain the power flow as instructed from offices above? ..all costing trips out to keep the council showpiece looking fit (at cost to elsewhere) ..would like to see these costings on paper after a few seasons of rain & growth.

If the pathway sinks what is the fix procedure & costs compared to standard patching (which is lower than baldrick as a priority here at least, because, pedestrians & bikes ...blind eye time)

Solar panels yes, solar roads, watch out for those accident claims due to slippery surface, are these marker lit? (accident potential awareness meaning it is known slip hazard & more maintainence long term compared to a regular dark path)

Must have been a bladdered pub lunch to vote this one through.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

The return of the Solar Freakin Roadways. :lol:
16.9kW PV > 108MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 24MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Oh yeah, further thought..

Due to office spods & solar surface, this will likely be blown clear of grass cuttings with a petrol leaf blower (more time & cost)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
AGT

Post by AGT »

Saw these today, not a cycle path, but they look like slabs.

AGT

Post by AGT »

Ideal for that covert panel installation
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Love the irony.
Construct your drive out of solar panels, then park your EV on top of them to charge it up. Genius. :hysteria:
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 7 x 570w JA solar panels
7.08kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation