New OFGEM FIT policy released yesterday

resybaby

Re: New OFGEM FIT policy released yesterday

Post by resybaby »

Fueltheburn wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:43 pm Been away for a while.
Before I left though, phoned several places for an official clarification on this.
I phoned MCS and OVO and they seemed oblivious to this official release. MCS stated that they had no bearing on the implementation of the rules and told me to phone my FIT provider.
Sooo, I phoned my FIT provider and they also said it wasn't anything to do with them. End result for me, is it seems Ofgem may be the only ones who may be interested in any changes.
Ofgem are the FIT legislation 'owners' as such FTB, so id agree with your take on things. They are responsible for protecting the public purse as such and the FIT subsidies plonked onto others bills.
MCS are just a 'jobs for the boys' club in my eyes, that Ofgem added into the mix to try and keep some 'quality' compliance.
OVO are just utterly useless in my experience. Had to go to the Ombudsmen twice already through their ineptitude.
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 7 x 570w JA solar panels
7.08kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
AE-NMidlands

Re: New OFGEM FIT policy released yesterday

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I really don't see how this is getting nowhere, when the guidance from OfGem explicitly says
Extending an installation
3.10. An “extension” to an accredited FIT installation is a modification which increases
its TIC from the same eligible low-carbon technology. This can include adding
generating equipment or replacing generating equipment.
3.11. Installations may be extended through repowering, or the removal of de-rating
mechanisms. Where an accredited FIT installation is extended through either of
these methods, t
he below rules on extensions would also apply.
• Repowering can be defined as the process of replacing older generating
equipment with newer equipment which either has a greater capacity or
more efficiency, which results in a net increase of power generated
(see post #28) and 3.14 to 3.17 seem to be designed to force the other parties to accept that you can do an upgrade, and gives them instructions on how to cope with different metering situations...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWh pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWh batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWh pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!