ASHP & triple glazing

Air source, ground source and associated systems for heating homes
Joeboy

Re: ASHP & triple glazing

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 6:33 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 4:38 pm An odd thought today. Miserable rainy day here then thought of Fintray and smiled. His ashp doesn't care that there's no sun and it's wet. It just gets it done anyway and multiplies away. :D
And you don't have to be thinking about getting wood in either :D
It might not care if it's sunny or wet but it does prefer the temperature to be higher, night of 14th October 9pm till 9am average temp -2C cop 3.44, last night same time span but average temp 11.2 cop 5.66. When the temp is around freezing and the air is moist it needs to defrost about every hour or so.
Very much a babe in the wood here, but I'm dumbstruck by a 3.44 cop @ -2. :o I'll be honest, we've done a bit of clearing of lofts and made sure we've got spare tiles for gas flue removal (Octopus are dragging heels on gas mains disconnect or maybe my hopes in that regard are overly buoyant). All that being said, we hand the guys a wodge of cash and straight up start stripping heat from the atmosphere. That is surely surreal? Cash for magic?

It was fun today negotiating with the Vestel supplier for next weeks A2AHP install in Turkey. Very much fun watching Google translate sort my words into Turkish and we negotiated a discount too!

The glazing has kind of slowed down and I'm letting them run at their own speed at the moment. This is due to my pursuit of the best Uw I could find and the fitters working with me as we go to maximise thermal efficiency in a retrofit. That's where I'd like to finish.

There are a couple of milestones for them (the glazing Co) to line up in our time in Turkey or we'll quickly get to the other way of being which rapidly ends in those words being spoken. Hopefully not but I do see paths previously observed in life unfolding and i dont mess about at those times..
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Had the home power off for the led floodlight install. Goodwe hybrid inverter wouldn't kick in on WiFi when i powered up.again. :cry:

Had this problem a year ago, messed about for yonks with goodwe and it eventually sorted itself for a year. In the interim a WiFi dongle showed up in the post unasked for. It lived in the desk drawer for that year.

Fitted it yesterday and it instantly found our home hub and started working. Well done goodwe for out of warranty remote diagnostics, support and part supply at no cost to me. :praise:

Sharing this for anyone looking at hybrid inverters.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Looks like I'll be seeing a cut thru sample of a 90mm frame that steps down and fits into a 70mm existing window space tomorrow. Apparently it has the same Uw as a full 90mm 3g glazing system.

Fingers x'd for both the sample showing up and the Uw value. :xx: .
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs