Cam Pets, or Petcam?

Fintray

Re: Cam Pets, or Petcam?

Post by Fintray »

Krill wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:04 pm They are both big cats. Monty is 7.3kg and does not look overweight at all. All the energy bill savings get spent on the food bill instead!
Aye but they'll be outputting a few watts to the heating of the house...
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Mart

Post by Mart »

Speaking of 8kg, here's a pic of Doyle at around 8.5kg, co-incidentally, the approx amount of weight Guide dogs have asked us to try to get off Toby.

At first Toby liked to bark and chase the cats in the garden, but the solution we found was to place the cats near Toby, at which point he refuses to look directly at them, and goes quiet. So they're becoming good friends now:

Winter is coming, as they say, and I've just put the cheap black rubber floor down in the conservatory.

And an update pic of Cookie Monster, who is looking really good now:

Only superficial scabs now, lots of healthy skin, and fur growing really fast. He still wants to scratch it a bit, but prefers to hold my hand with all four murder mittens, then chew my fingers ...... I believe it's affection, but could be hunger.

He's also put on half a kilo since we got him, so I'm certain now he isn't fully grown. He's reached 4.25kg, half Doyle's weight, but has chased (attacked?) Doyle several times, so we don't know if he's being playful, or is a price 'nutter'. Not sure why Doyle runs away, maybe it's the cone of shame making Cookie look like he has a huge head. :cat-shock:

Meant to say, Doyle must have some strange genetics, as his brother Bodie is a similar height and length, but half the width, and nearly half the weight. Here they are eyeing up the last treat I sprinkled on the floor for them:

8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Krill

Post by Krill »

:) It's good to hear that Cookie Monster is healing :) I wonder how he will react when its healed (at least, as well as it could be), if he still tries to scratch at it.

Do you think he could chase Toby around?

Doyle looks the same shape as Winston when viewed from above.
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
Mart

Post by Mart »

Really hoping he'll stop with the scratching when healed, but I have tried him (supervised) with the cone off, and whilst he wasn't obsessed, he did get his back leg slowly up to his shoulder ..... and then he was off like a jackhammer kicking away, twice. But that was over about 30min, and I assume still very itchy.

If you gently scratch his scabby neck, his leg kicks, and he frantically licks the front of his cone, shouldn't laugh, but it's so funny.

At first he was very submissive, blinking and chirping at Bodie and Doyle, whilst they hissed at him. But now Doyle has relaxed, he's 'attacked' him twice. Hoping it's all play, Cookie doesn't seem nasty, just a bit doppy. But Doyle needs to put him in his place, but instead runs away, possibly because of the cone.

He's also made friends with Buster when we've let the doggo come upstairs and go in and see him. So he may just have a bubbly personality (nutter!)
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Mart

Post by Mart »

Tangent to pets, but where we take the doggo, or doggos for a walk, we sometimes walk along an earth berm, part of the flood defences here for the large tidal range of the Severn. Yesterday was a spring tide, so thought it might be fun/interesting to post some pics showing how much it can vary.

So we have a low tide:

a high tide, which looks impressive, but there is still spare capacity onto the banks on the sides:

and a spring tide, where the water goes onto the sides, and is then held back by the berm, probably still 2m of 'protection', I think the tide can just about reach the pipe on the side of the bridge, so maybe another 1m at extremes:

Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.