Next Storm

Moxi

Re: Next Storm

Post by Moxi »

Winds decreased for 50 mph gusting 65+ from the south but now hitting the cottage square in the face from the West 45mph gusting 50+, PV 0.355kWh oh how I wish I had a micro wind turbine hooked up to give us a few watts from all this lovely energy that going to waste :(

There were some Chinese 12V jobbies for 50 quid a few months back but I resisted the temptation but my inner :twisted: thinks that for that sort of money flying them in weather like this would be worth the entertainment value - mind you it would have to have a cowl fitted around the blades to catch the bits as they fell off !

More sensibly I expect the LE 300 would cope ok but so much more expensive

Moxi
Joeboy

Re: Next Storm

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:11 am Winds decreased for 50 mph gusting 65+ from the south but now hitting the cottage square in the face from the West 45mph gusting 50+, PV 0.355kWh oh how I wish I had a micro wind turbine hooked up to give us a few watts from all this lovely energy that going to waste :(

There were some Chinese 12V jobbies for 50 quid a few months back but I resisted the temptation but my inner :twisted: thinks that for that sort of money flying them in weather like this would be worth the entertainment value - mind you it would have to have a cowl fitted around the blades to catch the bits as they fell off !

More sensibly I expect the LE 300 would cope ok but so much more expensive

Moxi
I have a Chinese turnip on the side of the house. It produces heehaw due to the disturbed airflow across the roof and being a cheap piece of tat. In saying that, it might be a different story with an open field. The controller lights up and its putting out 15.5V max but not consistent. Love the look of the LE300. I always enjoyed Biff's updates from Ireland on his WT's.

Got the gadge coming later today to change out the broken smet2. While showing SWMBO where he needs to be etc I decided to shut it all down and have a quick battery balance. All good there and all stack lights off within about 7 minutes. I had also drained the stack down to 98% soc so when reconnected I ran up the second array alone into the stack. The weather gods were smiling at that point and second array started pushing power (500W) into the stack. Left it running and sure enough it topped the stack off to 100% and switched itself off.

I was alway slightly irked back in the day when I realised that the Goodwe hybrid inverter was grid dependent and didn't cover a grid fail scenario. I didn't know enough back then to question the quote in detail. I'm very happy that we are now covered for all scenarios and that the two systems work together as they do. 8-)

Fingers crossed for the gadge getting the replacement meter outputting, I may have used all my fairy dust luck on this job already. :)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees