Hyundai Ioniq 5

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Joeboy

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:58 pm If it charges that fast, no need for the bigger pack.

Think of a journey you’re likely to do that is outside the range of the small battery Ioniq. I bet a 10-15minute blast on suitable charger will get you there and I bet the car outlasts and out-charges your bladder/stomach.
1 charge stop midway gets me from Aberdeenshire to Woolacombe if I roll easy, just, with a tailwind. :)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Well that's the model Y order cancelled and a 78kWh 300 bhp ultimate Ioniq 5 ordered instead. The car has the larger battery pack which has not been released to order yet. So we are off on an email to Hyundai uk head office via the sales manager and will hopefully be ordered March 22 with delivery for June. SWMBO loves it so that's job done! Huge reaction from her to this car where to the Tesla she was slightly muted. I clocked that at the time, guess its been circulating in my sub cons since.

Also seeing if they'll do a solar pv roof for it too. Unlikely but available in other world areas. UK spec may change before car goes on the line in Korea. Loving the matt paint!

Second test drive today was absolutely brilliant. I am very glad to have caught that doc yesterday on the battery pack upgrade. Should be around a 320-330 mile range.

Last edited by Joeboy on Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Oliver90owner

Post by Oliver90owner »

330 miles genuine range would equate to a regular 200 mile range (from 80% to 20%) without any need to use the extremes of the battery capacity (too often). That would mean the battery should last a very long time….
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Oliver90owner wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:47 pm 330 miles genuine range would equate to a regular 200 mile range (from 80% to 20%) without any need to use the extremes of the battery capacity (too often). That would mean the battery should last a very long time….
I am hoping that this will be a 10 year car for us and slot into our RE way of living. Hence the excessive spec and wait for those extra few kWh's battery capacity. I would advise anyone to book a test drive of this car. If for nothing else to admire the clever use of space within this new EV platform. The styling won't be to all tastes but as an avid Sci fi lad from the 80's it couldn't be cooler. 😎

All the photos I have seen of the car it looks like a smallish hatchback, maybe Audi A3 size. It's not, it's a large car. SWMBO said beyond this size she wouldn't fancy parking it.

I will report back if Hyundai bring forward the battery pack upgrade before March and the order goes through.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Thanks for your posts on the Ionic Joeboy, it certainly has impressive stats and looks.
Regarding looks, am I the only one who imagines it to have been modelled around Red Dwarf's character, Kryten. My, whatever would Robert Llewellyn think!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:17 pm Thanks for your posts on the Ionic Joeboy, it certainly has impressive stats and looks.
Regarding looks, am I the only one who imagines it to have been modelled around Red Dwarf's character, Kryten. My, whatever would Robert Llewellyn think!
Welcome, beauty is i guess in the eye of the beholder. I don't see Kryten although I can say when we had the matte vs gloss paint discussion swmbo stated. 'The reflections in the gloss take away from the lines'.

There is much cleverness going on in this car and for my remaining money looks 'like' an EV would if I was imagining one. That whole scales dropping away from the eyes thing which first happened when moving from ICE to EV happened again with this when comparing the I5 to all other styles of cars around us. Hopefully Bob will have one on the show soon if not already. Felt quite sorry for the Leaf when we switched back!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

From our perspective, its nice to hear some good news about the apparent quality of NON tesla vehicles.

Fricking big guilt trip for us that would be driving that with a mere one or two seats filled, ..but you "kinda" covered that ground re upcycled large furnishing movements across scotland :lol:

Joe, real question, ioniq EV Taxi part time? ..captive audience to potentially convert :lol:

(I was nigh on spazzing out seeing so many Teslas + a few other EV's whilst queuing for my jab the other day, inc one DEDICATED BEV taxi firm inc tesla 3 in private hire livery) ..it made me think "EV mecca, AKA milton keynes is still a distance away BUT connectivity means the spread to an old but built up BIG town like bedford has clear echo's in terms of EV uptake, like i've not come across before" ..a real bath-tub eureka moment witnessed)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Just me then, :mrgreen: But still an impressive shape and for those not convinced about owning an EV then that 300 mile range should remove most peoples fears about discarding FF's that we've all become so comfortable with over past decades.
I wonder if that V2L could double up as V2H. Now wouldn't that just be something!
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

300 miles *theoretical* range done in one hit on uk roads is fine if you don't mind suctioning up my pee sloshing around your carpet footwells with a bissel carpet cleaner.

Otherwise lets call it fallacy (f'nar) because why would you not plug in if you could / not stop for a break when tired, hungry / thirsty & generally uncomfortable?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

That V2L could totally be V2H. Eg if Joe bought a 1000W charger for his pylontechs…

If you watch Bjorn’s YouTube videos “always be charging” is the best strategy for BEVs. This means several short charging stops rather than on big one, which is faster and suits your bladder/stomach too.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)