Hyundai Ioniq 5

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Joeboy

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5

Post by Joeboy »

Do you guys know of electric juice through Octopus? Just signed up for it.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:28 pm Do you guys know of electric juice through Octopus? Just signed up for it.
Yep. I’ve got the card. Never used it.

You tap it on the rapid charge point and the cost goes on your electric bill rather that your credit card. Useful for Ripple investors?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:51 pm
Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:28 pm Do you guys know of electric juice through Octopus? Just signed up for it.
Yep. I’ve got the card. Never used it.

You tap it on the rapid charge point and the cost goes on your electric bill rather that your credit card. Useful for Ripple investors?
Aye! :) Plans for Eurodisney, visit mates and bring as much red wine home as possible in the I5. Be handy to have a simple dot n dash card.
Good call on the Ripple/miles link!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:59 pm Aye! :) Plans for Eurodisney, visit mates and bring as much red wine home as possible in the I5. Be handy to have a simple dot n dash card.
Good call on the Ripple/miles link!
Only 24 bottles of red now after Brexit I'm afraid.
https://www.decanter.com/learn/duty-fre ... er-452220/

I remember my mate many years ago going on a booze cruise with a van and they got stopped on the M6 up to Liverpool. It was when you could have an unlimited amount for personal use but it was a grey area unless you were hosting a wedding party or similar and needed some proof. The Policeman said something along the lines of,

"I've calculated that the amount of beer you have here, even if you drunk a dozen cans every night, it would take the 2 of you over 2 years to drink it all, so I don't believe its for your own consumption." :x

My mates reply was, "ONLY A DOZEN CANS A NIGHT ?" 8-)

The policeman, then sighed, and said, "OK, on ya way" :lol:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Nice to know, I'll adjust my load carrying cap to accommodate!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mart

Post by Mart »

Veru positive review of the Ioniq 5 on Transport Evolved. This channel is one of the least biased, and longest running EV channels I watch.

The 2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 Is True Game-Changer. Here's Why
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mart wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:27 am Veru positive review of the Ioniq 5 on Transport Evolved. This channel is one of the least biased, and longest running EV channels I watch.

The 2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 Is True Game-Changer. Here's Why
Cheers Mart, there are a couple of not so perfect points. No sentry mode, door handles being scaled back to more basic. Tracking not always perfect from new. Not enough negs yet to be a deal breaker. Will watch with interest for an update in the new year on an order.
Heard from SSE today and sent info and photos. They are coming back with a quote in New Year for works required to upgrade house from 60A to 100A.

'Hyundai Ioniq 5 charging 7kW

Hot water cylinder element heating tank 3kW

Existing home battery charging to 100% 4kW

Storage heaters to negate central heating 4kW

The above works out at approx 75A and this is without any backgorund load (thinking fridge freezers kicking in and out or washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher) or timed night cycles. We are way beyond the 60A limit of the existing fuse.'

Hopefully not too expensive to upgrade and with fortune on my side Octopus will finally get reliable readings from the home and we can shift tariff in the New Year!
Last edited by Joeboy on Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mart

Post by Mart »

I got my house upgraded for free. From a 60A main fuse to a 100A 'box' with an 80A fuse. This was all part of a leccy supplier deal that included a free 7kW charger, but of course the leccy is a bit more expensive than other deals.

However ......... whilst I don't know what rights you have to a home fuse upgrade, there has been a lot of criticism about the UK's home ratings, and I'm sure 80-100A is now recommended, so you might come under some DNO rule about simply making the supply fit for purpose going forward, plus the 'green' issues relating to leccy heating and BEV's. Best of luck.

I think there is even growing pressure for new builds / estates to possibly be 3phase, and issues around current but old legislation that forces the DNO to offer the cheapest price/package to developers, even if they think longer term a larger power supply would be warranted. Basically they can't not offer the low power option. Of course the developers can opt for more power, but they'll probably try to minimise build costs, rather than avoid the higher upgrade costs of doing it retrospectively.
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mart wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:24 pm I got my house upgraded for free. From a 60A main fuse to a 100A 'box' with an 80A fuse. This was all part of a leccy supplier deal that included a free 7kW charger, but of course the leccy is a bit more expensive than other deals.

However ......... whilst I don't know what rights you have to a home fuse upgrade, there has been a lot of criticism about the UK's home ratings, and I'm sure 80-100A is now recommended, so you might come under some DNO rule about simply making the supply fit for purpose going forward, plus the 'green' issues relating to leccy heating and BEV's. Best of luck.

I think there is even growing pressure for new builds / estates to possibly be 3phase, and issues around current but old legislation that forces the DNO to offer the cheapest price/package to developers, even if they think longer term a larger power supply would be warranted. Basically they can't not offer the low power option. Of course the developers can opt for more power, but they'll probably try to minimise build costs, rather than avoid the higher upgrade costs of doing it retrospectively.
A good story Mart, cheers! I'm OK paying if need be as it's my personal lifestyle choice. Sounds like you have a good deal there. So far I'll be around £850 after grant's for the charge point. The 60A-100A upgrade unknown as yet. I'm pretty sure if all goes well with Octopus that we are going to be able to pretty much switch off the gas to home.
Last edited by Joeboy on Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

When my smart meter was installed I'm pretty certain he said if I had had 16mm meter tails he would have changed them to 25mm and the fuse also.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW