Hyundai Ioniq 5

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Stinsy

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5

Post by Stinsy »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:40 pm I am hoping to train down overnight on the 8th Feb and drive the car back up to Aberdeenshire on the 9th Feb, a quick kip then turnaround and drive back down to Catterick for our Nephews passing out parade on the 10th.

Car is booked in for its ceramic coating on the 14th Feb, I've bought the snowlance and agent today to do hands of cleaning of this car due to its matt paint finish.

Booking Leaf in for Friday 28th Jan to go to webuyanycar and i'm also doing my trade to fund the car purchase on the same day. I do like to line my stuff up and knowing the dock arrival date (if not the ship name) has been great. I thought that Tesla's approach to this was purely about them and no thought given to the client. I hope that we all, Stinsy, Mart & myself have a cracking time with our new designed from the floor up to be EV's.

I really want to be able to sync the throttle response to Star Wars pod racing effects. :ugeek:

I am also naming the car Decker, no not Black and, Bladerunner..
I wouldn't recommend "hands off" as attractive the idea is, the car just doesn't get cleaned properly!

To avoid scratches/swirl marks here is what you need to do:

1) Cover in snowfoam and leave to soak while you get the rest of the stuff ready.
2) 3-buckets with grit guards. first: hot water and car shampoo, second: cold, clean water, Third: hot water and shampoo for wheels.
3) Rinse with cold water.
4) Use a Lambs-wool wash mitt to clean one panel at a time. Rinsing the mitt thoroughly in the clean water before getting more soapy water.
5) Clean wheels with separate microfibre wash mitt.
6) Rinse
7) Dry with real leather.
8) (optional) go over with "Quick detailer".

I'm a big fan of Meguiars products.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Life's too short. It's just a car.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:48 pm Life's too short. It's just a car.
A
Agreed, with the caveat being mechanical means to keep it clean is my preferred option. Too busy splitting logs to spend hours on cars nowadays.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mart

Post by Mart »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:29 pm
Mart wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:29 am Typical Hyundai fanbois!

Regarding Tesla Y deliveries, I've no idea where the four ships heading for Europe, three to dock in the UK are right now, they could be anywhere in the Arabian Sea or Suez for all I know, or one may even be nearer Singapore, perhaps the Viking Bravery, if that's its so called name. But as I said, I've no idea. ;-)
Well Mart
I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Are you in the dark waiting to be allocated one or has that been done? I changed direction before we got to that bit.

Fanboy? You ain't seen nothing yet! :)
Ello. No date/allocation yet, rumour mill suggests first days of Mch. Some folk have been invited to special events to collect their cars, I think mid Feb, as these will be the first TMY's arriving. But everyone else will just have to wait for all the procedures and distribution to delivery locations. Should be fun.
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mart wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:25 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:29 pm
Mart wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:29 am Typical Hyundai fanbois!

Regarding Tesla Y deliveries, I've no idea where the four ships heading for Europe, three to dock in the UK are right now, they could be anywhere in the Arabian Sea or Suez for all I know, or one may even be nearer Singapore, perhaps the Viking Bravery, if that's its so called name. But as I said, I've no idea. ;-)
Well Mart
I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Are you in the dark waiting to be allocated one or has that been done? I changed direction before we got to that bit.

Fanboy? You ain't seen nothing yet! :)
Ello. No date/allocation yet, rumour mill suggests first days of Mch. Some folk have been invited to special events to collect their cars, I think mid Feb, as these will be the first TMY's arriving. But everyone else will just have to wait for all the procedures and distribution to delivery locations. Should be fun.
That would be handy, collect the new car in the same week as Ripple WT1 is energised! Looking forward to seeing and reading about your new EV.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

I bought some Chemical Guys hydroslick ceramic coating hyperwax back in September, vowing to apply it when the car was brand new as it would never be that clean again. ;)

Its still all in the packaging with a general planned date of Spring but having seen some videos of how to prepare the car first along the lines of the Stinsy cleaning regime, I think its still going to be in the packaging this time next year. :lol:

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

nowty wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:47 pm I bought some Chemical Guys hydroslick ceramic coating hyperwax back in September, vowing to apply it when the car was brand new as it would never be that clean again. ;)

Its still all in the packaging with a general planned date of Spring but having seen some videos of how to prepare the car first along the lines of the Stinsy cleaning regime, I think its still going to be in the packaging this time next year. :lol:

Like most jobs, give a little bit of warm weather and enough time that you're not rushing, it is a very rewarding process.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:47 pm I bought some Chemical Guys hydroslick ceramic coating hyperwax back in September, vowing to apply it when the car was brand new as it would never be that clean again. ;)

I put my hands up to completely cheating as I'm paying for a 2 coat ceramic on body and wheels and after that it's snowfoam time. Largely due to our paint choice of matt shooting star grey.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Sorry lads, too excited not to share this. Anyone on the South coast see my car, now on the Celtic Sea? :)

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/ho ... 48/zoom:10

Arriving 14.00hrs tomorrow.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:32 pm Sorry lads, too excited not to share this. Anyone on the South coast see my car, now on the Celtic Sea? :)

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/ho ... 48/zoom:10

Arriving 14.00hrs tomorrow.
It's getting closer! :D
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf