Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

Mr Gus wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:32 pm
nowty wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:28 pm The current published operational date for WT2 is Dec 2023 so don't get too excited, its going to be a long wait, potentially even longer than WT1.
It's not the initial crank date Nowty, its the buy in, I want to get started so it has momentum, statements of intent maintained & hopefully therefore showing as immediately a decent prospect when they go to the media for saturation if that time-point looks like the plan
Do you think Ripple don't know that ?, I'm sure they will launch it when its best to do so.
Arguably its already started with the vouchers.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Nowty, you mean what are marketed as gift vouchers?
Because I got pretty much musings to direct questions asked for that in terms of locking in my cash early (from ripple) ..not a proper confirmation otherwise I'd have been buying them periodically pre Xmas
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

Mr Gus wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:42 pm Nowty, you mean what are marketed as gift vouchers?
Because I got pretty much musings to direct questions asked for that in terms of locking in my cash early (from ripple) ..not a proper confirmation otherwise I'd have been buying them periodically pre Xmas
I asked them specifically a couple of months ago if I could lock in more guaranteed watts if I bought multiple vouchers and they said a definite NO. But WT1 owners who bought a voucher would get a small time window to purchase more than the reserved 900W subject to availability.

I don't know if the window also applies to non WT1 owners who bought a voucher.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
TCA

Post by TCA »

That's interesting. According to the gift voucher T&C's:

"Gift Vouchers do not entitle the Recipient to priority access to shares, so Gift Vouchers can only be redeemed to buy shares in cooperative, or other, societies when shares are actually available."
nowty

Post by nowty »

TCA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:22 pm That's interesting. According to the gift voucher T&C's:

"Gift Vouchers do not entitle the Recipient to priority access to shares, so Gift Vouchers can only be redeemed to buy shares in cooperative, or other, societies when shares are actually available."
So I think us WT1 owners have actually paid a £25 reservation fee (guaranteeing a purchase of shares up to 900w) as opposed to a £25 voucher which can be used to purchase shares in a future wind farm subject to availability.

Us 907 members of WT1 have special powers. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
TCA

Post by TCA »

With WT1, if someone had reserved 900W but wanted to buy more, when were they able to do so?
nowty

Post by nowty »

TCA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:44 pm With WT1, if someone had reserved 900W but wanted to buy more, when were they able to do so?
I'm not quite sure what you mean,

With WT1 there were no reservations (paying £25), just registrations (paying nothing) and then when the offer opened you could buy what you wanted (up to the max limits). But the problem was, there were few takers and it took almost a year to get the full funding.

Most of the registrations were from young people but those registrations did not turn into actual buyers. Most of the actual buyers were from older people who heard from word of mouth of the opportunity over a period of time. I know this because I had a talk with them half way through the initial funding process for WT1.

For WT2, us WT1 owners are hoping much more interest and a quick full funding outcome, but not too quick that we won't get what we want, but we will be given a small window of opportunity to buy more than the reserved 900w before non WT1 owners.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
TCA

Post by TCA »

Thanks. Having not been involved in WT1 I had presumed the reservation process worked as it does now.

Had it been the same I was wondering if Ripple made more than 900W available (to those who had reservations) in the 3-day period before the offer went public. But it didn't work like that.

From what you're saying WT1 members will get a chance to buy more this time, but I'd be interested to know if new members will get that same opportunity before the public offer. I'll find out soon enough I suppose.
nowty

Post by nowty »

TCA wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:20 am Thanks. Having not been involved in WT1 I had presumed the reservation process worked as it does now.

Had it been the same I was wondering if Ripple made more than 900W available (to those who had reservations) in the 3-day period before the offer went public. But it didn't work like that.

From what you're saying WT1 members will get a chance to buy more this time, but I'd be interested to know if new members will get that same opportunity before the public offer. I'll find out soon enough I suppose.
From memory, I think us who registered for WT1 had a small window to buy what we wanted before it went public, but that turned out to be irrelevant as the funding was so hard to achieve.

I don't know about the new potential members who have bought a voucher for WT2, maybe there will be two windows of opportunity before it goes fully public. I got a little confused because I assumed us WT1 members had bought a £25 voucher but it turns out we paid a £25 reservation fee.

I suspect WT2 will be big enough to allow shares for everyone who has reserved or has a voucher. But who knows with the success of the build, the first year bumper rebates and the ever increasing energy price caps, its anyone's guess.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

TCA.

The WT2 £25 reservation voucher is turned into investment upon opening window of purchase & further "watts"
Because, as Nowrty says, there is interest but also fade out amongst investors (as is any market) who initially expressed / reserved a £25 spot, the site allows you to purchase up to 120% of your annual electricity energy use as per the ripple slider & estimator, IF, there is space on the WT2 investment bus over time it takes to fill, not just the initial few days advance notice any pre-booked reservation holders have.

So buying an affordable "cushion" of watts works for most, with (as advertised) if full, anyone who wishes to sell off their watts down the line, however, more (as per thread) locations for ripple WT's in progress so spreading to catch other areas of wind when another may be occasionally idling also helps, & allows long term planning (precisely what some of the WT1 investors are intent on doing to spread payments, hedge gets on watts returns & the minimization of catastrophic failure (insured WT) which whilst remote ..sh1t happens.

Some larger businesses may invest to green up their operations, also WT2 is better known on the back of WT1 investment as proof of viability.
(& for that reason I'd call this one "Huxley" ;)

This is going to be an ongoing model that gathers pace, credits amongst multiple WT's will align I'm certain for those holding multiple location watts, as has also been stated investors reaching the 120% home production figures will be unable to buy further so it serves as wide & fairly as possible (that will doubtless apply to commercial firms who invest too)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more