Hyundai Ioniq 5

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Mart

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5

Post by Mart »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:25 am Looking good for mid Feb Model Y

https://www-teslarati-com.cdn.ampprojec ... s-event%2F
This has been a fun story that Wifey has been following for a week. Basically, they are going to deliver some TMY's to a lucky few, early. Sounds good, but she's been amused by all the complaints on the owners groups she follows. Some don't want to travel all the way to their alloted special events, some are complaining that if they don't take the 'special delivery' then they will be put to the back of queue*, and others are complaining that they ordered within hours or minutes of the Y page going live in the UK, but haven't been chosen, assuming that that was the criteria, which I doubt. Most of us find it funny and would rather wait since that means getting a 22 plate, most likely. Funny ole world.

*Back of the queue seems false, what Tesla appear to be doing is rushing through all the procedures for the lucky few, whilst all of the other cars, many thousands, will take a few weeks to sort, transport to delivery locations, make ready etc.. Plus I assume the delivery locations need to spread collections out so that they can do all of the checks, approvals, monies etc..
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

A very first world problem! I am seeing large amounts of complaints on the waiting time for the I5.Yet I easily found fleet dealers (2 of) who are happy to shift their cancelled orders fast. People are strange.

Even stranger when I look at a 7 month wait yet one can be sourced from either of the two transporters that docked at Tilbury this week!

There's too much selfentitlement in the world!
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Mart wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:32 am
Joeboy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:25 am Looking good for mid Feb Model Y

https://www-teslarati-com.cdn.ampprojec ... s-event%2F
This has been a fun story that Wifey has been following for a week. Basically, they are going to deliver some TMY's to a lucky few, early. Sounds good, but she's been amused by all the complaints on the owners groups she follows. Some don't want to travel all the way to their alloted special events, some are complaining that if they don't take the 'special delivery' then they will be put to the back of queue*, and others are complaining that they ordered within hours or minutes of the Y page going live in the UK, but haven't been chosen, assuming that that was the criteria, which I doubt. Most of us find it funny and would rather wait since that means getting a 22 plate, most likely. Funny ole world.

*Back of the queue seems false, what Tesla appear to be doing is rushing through all the procedures for the lucky few, whilst all of the other cars, many thousands, will take a few weeks to sort, transport to delivery locations, make ready etc.. Plus I assume the delivery locations need to spread collections out so that they can do all of the checks, approvals, monies etc..
Hilarious!

There is always someone who'll moan no-matter what you do!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Sad day man, Black Betty is leaving the building. I feel like a traitor. :cry:

Best car I've owned (incl my 911) and the best introduction to EV ownership I could have asked for. 13,000 zero hassle miles. 433 Gallons fuel (almost £2,900) not bought. Has went up £1,700 in value. I5 has big boots to fill. :mrgreen:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Betty's gone and I didn't like that at all! Easy process but being without an EV feels damn weird. I'm going into hibernation until its time to head South for Deckard. 8-)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:48 pm Life's too short. It's just a car.
A
I bought some Jennychem no wax snowfoam and tried it on my old transit connect this morning, Incredible cleaning! This will be very much my goto for the I5.

https://www.jennychem.com/products/snow ... gJXvfD_BwE

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:13 pm
I bought some Jennychem no wax snowfoam and tried it on my old transit connect this morning, Incredible cleaning! This will be very much my goto for the I5.
Shop around for price though £45 for 25L on Amazon inc delivery verses £58.20 direct. !!
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Tinbum wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:45 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:13 pm
Shop around for price though £45 for 25L on Amazon inc delivery verses £58.20 direct. !!
Thank you Tinbum, i paid £16.99 incl delivery for 5ltrs. Wanted to see if it was worthwhile. Turns out it's excellent! Never used a snowfoam before.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

An update in from the lassie at Fleet. The I5 has moved on its progression and is being booked out of Tilbury Hyundai to go to the dealers for prep. Not sure exactly when 'booked out' becomes 'on a car transporter'. Nonetheless, one more step forward. :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Out for lunch and a really nice 'guess what I can see' message dropped in. Car is loaded onto transporter at Tilbury Hyundai and I guess on its way via Shire locations to Shrewsbury. Still in transit protection camo.

:ugeek:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs