Hyundai Ioniq 5

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
nowty

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:53 pm 9 miles on collection. Got to Gretna with 50 miles remaining. Charging at 194kW. Hyundai ionity card would not work. OCTOPUS EJ most certainly did. Cars incredible! 100 miles to go and I'll splash at Perth 350's then up the road. :twisted:
Wow the range is up there with the tesla. :o

Your ionity card is probably not in the database yet, I had read that some tesla's would not charge at a supercharger when new as they were not in the database as "delivered".
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Now at Perth and charging at 114kW. This has been truely effortless.

Edit, peaked at 142kW! What a difference!
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:08 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:53 pm 9 miles on collection. Got to Gretna with 50 miles remaining. Charging at 194kW. Hyundai ionity card would not work. OCTOPUS EJ most certainly did. Cars incredible! 100 miles to go and I'll splash at Perth 350's then up the road. :twisted:
Wow the range is up there with the tesla. :o

Your ionity card is probably not in the database yet, I had read that some tesla's would not charge at a supercharger when new as they were not in the database as "delivered".
I've not ran it on both motors yet. Keeping that for the final leg going home (quiet dual carriageway, no cams).
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:31 pm I've not ran it on both motors yet. Keeping that for the final leg going home (quiet dual carriageway, no cams).
No carbon in that Perth fill up so no increased emissions for flooring it home. :twisted: ;)

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

You have plans for a new dedicated (midge proof) car charging solar canopy yet joe!?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Stopped off at Strathcatro cafe for a bacon roll and coke then up the road. Said Hi, immediately took SWMBO out for a run. She loves it! Great things about the car in no real order of priority,

HUD, augmented reality apparently, to me I just like have indicator boxes on the screen and satnav 3d direction arrows and distance until turn displayed in front of me.
Smooth, smooth drivetrain. Its like a magic carpet.
The handling and suspension, not too firm and couldn't get it to slip or aquaplane at all
The rate of charging (says it all really), turn your back for a moment in a shop and its suddenly got over 200 miles range again.
Summon function just for the damn of it
Interior quality and moodlighting, didn't expect it and like it!

Thing I don't like are only one, lane assist, I'll bloody decide if i want to ride the lines and don't need the car doing its own thing. Its now turned off. :)

To watch out for? 85mph is there before you know it, absolutely effortless and no noise. :twisted:
Engaged Sport mode and floored it, I could not believe the rate at which the car trailing me fell behind and to what distance.

Car is hooked up for Go Faster window tonight and we'll be setting off again at 09.00 on the 10th, heading to Darlington for an overnighter then Catterick on the 11th for nephew passing out parade.

Tomorrow i'll try and get charge card approved, link phones to car and have a crack with the new Blit Hambler no touch snowfoam. What a day! Night, away to bed!

Lastly, very grateful that I had the Octopus Electric Juice card with me. If you haven't applied for it you should just for that fallback.

Stinsy, you really should test drive one of these? Astonishing EV! :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Glad you like it. How did you find the rapid chargers? I guess you’re plugging in at home tonight?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:43 pm Glad you like it. How did you find the rapid chargers? I guess you’re plugging in at home tonight?
Apart from the no go on my new Hyundai Ionity card it was great. 50kW DC with the Leaf has been my fastest experience to date. This is truly a whole new thing. Once I get the card approved tomorrow we will be 24p per kWh for a year on Ionity 350's. Once thats done i'll just pay the going rate as they were easy access and in good condition with no Q, can't hope for more that that! OK free would be nice!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:46 pm
Stinsy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:43 pm Glad you like it. How did you find the rapid chargers? I guess you’re plugging in at home tonight?
Apart from the no go on my new Hyundai Ionity card it was great. 50kW DC with the Leaf has been my fastest experience to date. This is truly a whole new thing. Once I get the card approved tomorrow we will be 24p per kWh for a year on Ionity 350's. Once thats done i'll just pay the going rate as they were easy access and in good condition with no Q, can't hope for more that that! OK free would be nice!
Plugged in at home, won't know how its going as i've not apped the car to phone yet. Should get 37kW in tonight, will check the Easee One app, do the same tomorrow and we'll be fully charged for Darlington via Perth 350's again. What a gamechanger those extra miles are!

I also discovered Level 0 regen late in the run tonight, will be trying that on the run South. The game is of course, can we get significantly above 260 Miles on the AWD? Best I had today was Shrewsbury to Gretna with an average of 3.7kW. Full use of 73kWh pack would be 270 mile range. I fully expect to get 4miles per kWh once it heats up, that puts us up at 292 mile range. Not sure how much of the 73kWh the car holds back? Brains fried! Night! :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:29 pm Thing I don't like are only one, lane assist, I'll bloody decide if i want to ride the lines and don't need the car doing its own thing. Its now turned off. :)
If that the case, you'd probably hate the tesla. ;)
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3