Corner turned

Moxi

Re: Corner turned

Post by Moxi »

Not quite as good as yesterday but a respectable 3.5kWh here, hazy sun this morning then a good patch around noon and then heavier cloud with brief sunny spells in between the gaps.

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

5.5kWh today despite some patchy cloud later and increasing winds, next three days looking decidedly poor though with threats of seventy mph winds here on Sunday so I may break out a couple of sand bags to hang off the mobile array frame just to let me sit more easily while I listen to it buffeting the cottage 😁

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

25.8kWh today which is a 2022 record so far by about 4kWh, I have to go back to 2nd Nov 2021 to have a slightly higher yield. For me the shading on the rear garden ground mounts really starts to drop away from mid Feb.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

A hugely welcome 30 kwh's yesterday. As with Nowty best in '22 and back to Oct 9th for a better days return. Was struggling to keep abreast of pvgis for the month prior to that and now 5% ahead. Not looking so good today though!
Probably the last chance this year to top Nowty so hope he'll forgive me posting on this occasion! :oops:
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Hope everyone has survived the awful weather ok, near on 24 hrs of constant rain here with winds up to fifty five and alas yesterday the usual 0.826kWh for a dull day that we seem to get here.

Another wet and gusty 20plus mph day here but it seems a little brighter so hopefully I may just squeak over the 1kWh figure by sunset.

I definitely need a micro wind turbine lol if nothing else it will purge my yearning and provide some entertainment. The kids have a number of the bright plastic seaside windmills around the cottage at various points and they are always getting shredded by the winds and replaced so maybe if I buy a micro turbine and paint it bright colours SWMBO may not notice a slightly bigger “wind mill” amongst the others 😂

I hear Monday is supposedly a brighter day for all ? Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Haha 😆 just been outside and went around the side of the house and discovered it’s still blowing forty gusting 45 mph. The mobile solar array is sat in its storage position ok still though - a warm wind too - not lit the WBS yet and cosy at 19 deg C in the cottage.

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:26 am Haha 😆 just been outside and went around the side of the house and discovered it’s still blowing forty gusting 45 mph. The mobile solar array is sat in its storage position ok still though - a warm wind too - not lit the WBS yet and cosy at 19 deg C in the cottage.

Moxi
I learned my lesson after a storm back in March 2019.
An old photo lost from the other place but always looking for an excuse to re-post old lost info. :D

Don't worry all panels survived intact and was back in operational service in under an hour. :mrgreen:
My fault for not anchoring them properly, it was on the long term To Do List, i.e the one that never gets done. :oops:

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
marshman

Post by marshman »

__
Last edited by marshman on Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Forecast is for sixty plus mph on Wednesday for us which is reasonably coming but I’ve dug out two sand bags to hang over the mobile mount bottom bar just as an added precaution and in the wort case situation of a westerly I can always move it around to the east side of the cottage so it in the lee of the cottage out of the wind completely, south wind will hit it face on so just press it into the wall a bit.

One of my panels in the mobile array has been on its face a few times when using the previous temporary mount but part of that reason was it used to be at about fifty five degrees angle and the legs were not stayed so a small gust from an oblique sometimes flipped it over. The plus side was such a large surface area gave a ground effect air cushion just as it met the concrete pavers so it always settled quite gently- glad it’s more secure these days.

Light condition here is much improved from yesterday and we’re producing 242Wp at the minute so the diverted is trickling to the oil fired radiator and the big six aren’t able to charge me for some of my electrons 😎 I NEVER get tired of that feeling 😁

Moxi
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Wind picked up on fens edge last night, currently it is blowing gusts 20+ mph (noisy but not unusual)

Not happy, but not surprised to hear of more wind this week, "tis the season"
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more