Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:18 am Wow Nowty, 2 x 4.3 MW's, how exciting that prospect is! :D

Unless of course you're just teasing us. In which case you've got me hook, line and sinker. :lol:
Its an educated guess,

We know its in Scotland.

We know its not the one near Huntly as Joeboy had that confirmed.

We know its multiple turbines.

We know each turbine is larger than WT1

And that photo from ripple looks like it could be taken from part way down the farm track.

If we assume CleanEarthEnergy are building it as in WT1, then its either that one or one south of Glasgow. They have a couple of others in Scotland still in the planning stage but I doubt any share offer could begin with something still in the planning stage.

PS - The photo I added was from simply Google streetview.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

nowty wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:59 pm
Adokforme wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:18 am Wow Nowty, 2 x 4.3 MW's, how exciting that prospect is! :D

Unless of course you're just teasing us. In which case you've got me hook, line and sinker. :lol:
Its an educated guess,

We know its in Scotland.

We know its not the one near Huntly as Joeboy had that confirmed.

We know its multiple turbines.

We know each turbine is larger than WT1

And that photo from ripple looks like it could be taken from part way down the farm track.

If we assume CleanEarthEnergy are building it as in WT1, then its either that one or one south of Glasgow. They have a couple of others in Scotland still in the planning stage but I doubt any share offer could begin with something still in the planning stage.

PS - The photo I added was from simply Google streetview.
Have to agree Nowty you've made a very good case. Plus when I first viewed Ripples photo I thought that could be any fence, in any field, anywhere in the country. But looking closer at each it would appear that the fence on Ripples photo is similar to that on those you post also. The posts appear of a square section, the netting made up square sections with a seperate barbed wire along the top, perhaps for keeping sheep within. While not conclusive it does appear to corroborate your great detective work. Have to agree, the evidence appears to be pointing only in one direction!
Can't wait for Monday morning to arrive. Have to get the grandchildren into school early so we're back for 09.00! :D
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Adokforme wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:48 pm
Can't wait for Monday morning to arrive. Have to get the grandchildren into school early so we're back for 09.00! :D
[/quote]
Don't panic, Mr Mainwaring!
We have got 3 days before anyone else gets a chance to invest. (Don't know if that's just existing members, or all who have reserved.)
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:40 pm
Adokforme wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:48 pm
Don't panic, Mr Mainwaring!
We have got 3 days before anyone else gets a chance to invest. (Don't know if that's just existing members, or all who have reserved.)
A
[/quote]
Well aware of timescales, so afraid panic doesn't feature. Thankfully enthusiasm, excitement and optimism are still enjoyed in good measure today just as they were in years past. I can only apologise if my posts happen to convey anything else. :D
nowty

Post by nowty »

Actually we have 7 days before it’s open to joe public (non reservation holders) but joe public can still pay the reservation fee before midnight Sunday (tomorrow).
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Just thinking about how fast it might fill up, I doubt it will sell out during the first week before it goes public.

WT1 was circa £4m but welsh government and another inverter bought approx half of it. Its got just over 900 members for the £2m balance, so that's an average of just over £2k per member as an average.

If I am correct about the size of WT2 and if the cost per watt is say £2, then its about £17m. Many of the 900 members like me are quite limited to what more we can buy and even if all 4000 people who reserved pay £2k that's only £8m. Even if people are now desperate to buy more, say an average of £3k, there would still be £5m left over.

So I think for everyone who has reserved its unlikely to sell out in the first week.
Saying that I'll still be online at 9am Monday morning if only to find out the actual details.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:10 pm Just thinking about how fast it might fill up, I doubt it will sell out during the first week before it goes public.

WT1 was circa £4m but welsh government and another inverter bought approx half of it. Its got just over 900 members for the £2m balance, so that's an average of just over £2k per member as an average.

If I am correct about the size of WT2 and if the cost per watt is say £2, then its about £17m. Many of the 900 members like me are quite limited to what more we can buy and even if all 4000 people who reserved pay £2k that's only £8m. Even if people are now desperate to buy more, say an average of £3k, there would still be £5m left over.

So I think for everyone who has reserved its unlikely to sell out in the first week.
Saying that I'll still be online at 9am Monday morning if only to find out the actual details.
See ye there! :)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
TCA

Post by TCA »

All the documents have been available via the Ripple dashboard since midnight and you can buy your shares already. No need to wait for the 9am email.

Summary: Kirk Hill Wind Farm, Ayrshire. 8 x 2.35MW turbines to be built with co-investors owning 30%

Two points that stuck out for me:

1) The SPV vehicle - used for the co-op owning the wind farm with the intended co-investors. I need to read more about how an SPV operates as there's a lot of language in the documents which says in effect "in the case of blah blah blah we have good lawyers"....... Wasn't very convincing or reassuring but I'll read more in the cold light of day.

2) Taxation - I'm sure with WT1 Ripple alluded to the non-capital return as being treated as interest and potentially covered by the personal savings allowance. With WT2 they're now talking about using the annual trading allowance which is a different beast entirely. My reading of that is that anyone who is already self employed would therefore have to class the non-capital return of investment as income and pay tax and NI on it. I'd be in that boat, so that's slightly disappointing, albeit the numbers would likely be small.

Time for bed. I'm in no rush now to sign up. Will see what everyone else is saying later this morning.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Ayrshire coast is good strong winds. Flew over the area last year coming back from Belfast. A LOT of windfarm along that coast. Good enough choice of site. I'm in with this and last 1/4's dividends. If I can access more next 1/4 on any turbine remaining I will. :D

I'll drop the hammer later today, must read on big screen first to see if non curtailment is mentioned.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Job done, now a multiple windfarm owner. Shall we call it 9 in total lads? :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs