Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

The way I read that is only 10% of the 70% share for ripples part has been sold, circa 14% of ripples £24m target.

With 1600 members that's an average of a bit over £2k each (sounds about right), so they will need about another 10,400 members.

As a sanity check the average WT1 member bought a bit over £2k.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Email just in...
(context , it's a reminder to reservation holders not yet jumped)

"On Monday we opened the share offer for those that had reserved. So far over 1600 people have become owners of the wind farm. Along with the co-investor, this means that the wind farm is well over 40% full already"

:mrgreen:
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

Mr Gus wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:23 pm Email just in...
(context , it's a reminder to reservation holders not yet jumped)

"On Monday we opened the share offer for those that had reserved. So far over 1600 people have become owners of the wind farm. Along with the co-investor, this means that the wind farm is well over 40% full already"

:mrgreen:
Yeah, but as I already indicated, that includes the 30% from the co-investor so ripples part is only 14% full.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
John_S

Post by John_S »

nowty wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:06 pm The way I read that is only 10% of the 70% share for ripples part has been sold, circa 14% of ripples £24m target.

With 1600 members that's an average of a bit over £2k each (sounds about right), so they will need about another 10,400 members.

As a sanity check the average WT1 member bought a bit over £2k.
My understanding is that the number of investors is not just those who have invested in WT1 but includes those whom we might have sent links which enabled them to reserve/register. Eg I emailed my brother about this a month ago and he has received the offer document from Ripple. From what he said on the phone, he could invest immediately instead of waiting until Monday.
John
TCA

Post by TCA »

John_S wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:14 pm
My understanding is that the number of investors is not just those who have invested in WT1 but includes those whom we might have sent links which enabled them to reserve/register. Eg I emailed my brother about this a month ago and he has received the offer document from Ripple. From what he said on the phone, he could invest immediately instead of waiting until Monday.
John
The numbers reported today have nothing to do with WT1. It's purely those who have signed up to WT2, whether they're part of WT1 or not. I presume if someone is part of WT1 or been sent a link from a WT1 member, they'd still have had to make a reservation, but either way they're only reporting confirmed sign ups for Kirk Hill.
nowty

Post by nowty »

John_S, I presume your brother already put down a £25 reservation after you sent him a link.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

What a night, I hope all you guys are ok in your varied locations? Could have done with some Ripple turbines running last night, aye all 9 thank you very much!

Having approval for 8 turbines at Kirkhill might not mean that all 8 go up straight away?

House is now storm tested in Feb for retaining heat and avoiding gas completely. 8-)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

This in from Ripple. I wasn't a fan of them launching Kirkhill share sale and communicating graig fatha slippage at the same time. Too much like slipping one past with misdirection. Anyway, detailed dates now abound!

'I'm really sorry that Graig Fatha energisation has slipped.  The delay was caused by the grid connection which was largely outside of our control.  We are expecting the turbine to be connected to the grid on 6th March, at this point the pre-commissioning tests can begin. From the 8th the turbine should be able to export, albeit not at full output for a few days. By 14th March it should be operating and exporting at full output.  We are planning a 'switch on' event around that time. You'll get an email about that shortly. 

The whole team tries to avoid delays wherever possible. We also try to inform members as soon as possible with news about their wind farms. Transparency with members is really, really important to us.  

When we were about to deploy the website changes for the Kirk Hill launch we realised the Graig Fatha timeline was still showing February as the energisation date, so we included the update in the same deployment.  I can assure you there was no bad intent behind it.

I hope this helps explain the situation.  If you have any further concerns please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Best regards

Sarah'
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs