Corner turned

Mr Gus

Re: Corner turned

Post by Mr Gus »

nowty wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:28 pm
marshman wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:27 pm ......................and at certain times of the year light flicker from the blades.
I had never even thought about that until a few months back when I read some environmental document for gaining planning permission of a large sized wind turbine.
Never saw / seen any flicker in all the years big turbines have been around us, nor whilst driving the fast road alongside them. (commisioned 2009)
It did stop them being built near a nearby sex offenders type prison nearby ...the poor wee things :roll:

& that was also cited by "desperate" folk living down nearby prior to our local one going up (a couple complained pre-build of flicker) no-one in our village gave a damn.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

For batteries, I think we all have a sweetspot regarding size. We have to fairly go some to empty the stack. SWMBO on a maddy running the washing machine twice then chucking on the TD thru the day gets closest but only close not to flat and she only really does it when I've annoyed her! Even this is interlinked to the simple path of ensuring vampire loads are trimmed back. It all extends that stack life and maybe negates that 'one more' battery requirement!

I hear what you're saying about the WT maintenance, sounds great though, running when you need it.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
marshman

Post by marshman »

__
Last edited by marshman on Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marshman

Post by marshman »

__
Last edited by marshman on Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Yours is literally in your back yard & non commercial scale of course things will be potentially
different, as stated before, been living around commercial wt since the 80's & am yet to witness flicker irritation, nowhere did i mention it does not exist, but as We are primo territory for commercial wt I have never seen it,..

With some 80 or so in all directions on a flattish landscape you would reasonably expect to witness something over the seasons within decades of daily movement, but no.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Sunrisemike

Post by Sunrisemike »

Now going down hill, down here anywise ... :o

Off grid.
3.9 kw solar panels
6 x solar collectors
40 kWh rolls batteries
Orligno wood gasification boiler
2000 litre storage tank
Lister generator...
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

A very appreciated 4kWh today, weather is changeable looking ahead but it’s nice to see the dial swinging upwards once again.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:03 pm A very appreciated 4kWh today, weather is changeable looking ahead but it’s nice to see the dial swinging upwards once again.

Moxi
Nice one, can do a lot with 4kWh.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Sure can JB and for us it is over half the whole house consumption for a given day. It feels like March will be the month where most days are self generated with some surplus to charge the battery- still waiting for the electrician to give me a date but there's other works to be done too.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:25 pm Sure can JB and for us it is over half the whole house consumption for a given day. It feels like March will be the month where most days are self generated with some surplus to charge the battery- still waiting for the electrician to give me a date but there's other works to be done too.

Moxi
Ach, that's some feeling. We had another first today. Enough power coming in to chuck a bit at the HWT and a couple of miles on the EV. A nice preview of what is to come. I've got the lurgy at the minute and SWMBO did it all in style by cooking full evening meal on the WS along with finishing the clean laundry off on a clothes horse and multiple kettle boils. I swear she stuck 10 miles on the I5 herself just by running the WS efficiently and letting the machines absorb the solar power.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs