OFGEM Price Cap

Burble61

Re: OFGEM Price Cap

Post by Burble61 »

Many moons ago I was involved in a prototype heating scheme for a social housing block (Manchester IIRC). A "well known heat pump manufacturer" was project lead and looking to replace the centralised gas heating system & use it as test bed for new heat pumps/controls (well, new at the time).

It didn't proceed past the planning stage - the manufacturer wanted to install heat pumps and produce billing per housing unit. The housing operator wouldn't agree to that as "it wasn't fair to those who used more heating". Always seemed to me that the existing approach which shared the cost across everyone equally regardless of use had its issues too.
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Adokforme wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:42 pm Thanks Guys, appreciate your experienced input. I'll perhaps wait to see if anything transpires over the weekend, unlikely I know, and follow up on Monday.
Nothing came Monday but an email did arrive on the Tuesday stating that the original mail showing the shocking increase was correct!
Followed that up with a polite email to the address kindly supplied by Nowty, agile@octopus.energy. A day later another email arrived in response to the second I'd written again stating the figures stated were correct.
Thankfully the day following a reply arrived from the Agile address stating:-
All updated for you,
You have the same tariff fixed for another 12 months same rates and times
Phew, at last, I hope! My account still shows rates as per the last year so wait to see whether this actually means the new Go Faster tariff!

Again thanks for helpful suggestions all.
Petertc

Post by Petertc »

Had our update from bulb.
Standing charge for electric gone from 25p day to over 50p a day!
Looking at an extra £450 per year for gas and electric.
Were quite low usage hate to think of those who are higher usage.