Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
ecogeorge

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by ecogeorge »

I sort of agree but aren't we all investing to reduce our energy costs/ support renewable energy........... surely the tax implications are alittle irelevant ??
George
1750w Vertical PV micro inverters
3800w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

ecogeorge wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:05 pm I sort of agree but aren't we all investing to reduce our energy costs/ support renewable energy........... surely the tax implications are alittle irelevant ??
George
Ah, finally.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
TCA

Post by TCA »

ecogeorge wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:05 pm I sort of agree but aren't we all investing to reduce our energy costs/ support renewable energy........... surely the tax implications are alittle irelevant ??
George
As I said, I'm probably one of the few bothered.

Among other reasons I am indeed investing to reduce my energy costs, but I'd like to know if I have to pay a combined 30%+ tax and national insurance on the savings because I'm self employed.

Not saying it would put me off, but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that something as basic as taxation shouldn't be a guessing game at this stage.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

quote=TCA post_id=9167 time=1645835068 user_id=227]
George
As I said, I'm probably one of the few bothered.

Among other reasons I am indeed investing to reduce my energy costs, but I'd like to know if I have to pay a combined 30%+ tax and national insurance on the savings because I'm self employed.

Not saying it would put me off, but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that something as basic as taxation shouldn't be a guessing game at this stage.
[/quote]
Absolutely, it shouldn't be a guessing game. Get into them and force an answer. I would too. At the same time, bear in mind that the whole shebang as is RE in 2022 is as equivalent to Appolo in the 60's. Just be in it if you can and enjoy the ride! I don't bother too much about taxation, I live in the UK and pay the regional equivalent. taxable income, not sure what the ongoing biggy is for peeps. Get into it or pass on by surely....That's not a glib statement, if you can't disengage from taxation this might not be the place to park cash. Genuine thought eh?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:38 am Absolutely, it shouldn't be a guessing game. Get into them and force an answer.
The trouble is that HMRC is (like the Probate service which I am also "dealing" with) seriously under-staffed and short of knowledge. You can't force them to do anything, and if you write you are automatically told that it will be 8 weeks before they reply, so it has put your case back!

Short of a formal complaint or asking your MP to chase them you can't do anything but just wait. Upping the ante is likely to antagonise them and could easily result in an irrational outcome which it will take you a long time and maybe lots of money to correct. My experience is that by waiting it usually ends up right, but they sit on your money - interest-free - for 18 months or so until they finally put things right in their own time.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

50% sold on WT 2 Proj! I hope they manage to energise WT1 this coming Sunday and grid connect for Wednesday... Fingers crossed but not holding breath! :D

Call me shallow if you will but I'll fairly be hitting the app refresh button once WT1 is cranking. Faster Turbine of Wales, FASTER!!! :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
TCA

Post by TCA »

50% of WT2 sold - doesn't seem like the dial has shifted much recently. 30% is the co-investor, so I suspect another co-investor will be required or they'll need to use debt. The latter was mentioned in the webinar.
nowty

Post by nowty »

TCA wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:19 pm 50% of WT2 sold - doesn't seem like the dial has shifted much recently. 30% is the co-investor, so I suspect another co-investor will be required or they'll need to use debt. The latter was mentioned in the webinar.
Ignoring the co-investor, ripple has sold £6m or 7m in 3 weeks to 3000 members for WT2 compared with about £2m to 900 members in more than 6 months for WT1. So there has been a magnitude of improvement but now seems to only have upped about 1% or 2% in the last week so at this rate it will be another 3 to 6 months followed by a debt deal unless they can find some reasonably sized industrial users or other co-investors to come on board.

If fully financing via joe public, they will need to find another 7000 members or so.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Just found this:
Update on Graig Fatha energisation
03/03/2022
Quick update on work on site at Graig Fatha. The cables are being jointed at the moment. Vensys will arrive on site on Friday and WPD will energise ...
but I can't get it to show me any more!
Anyone else got better luck?
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:19 am Just found this:
Update on Graig Fatha energisation
03/03/2022
Quick update on work on site at Graig Fatha. The cables are being jointed at the moment. Vensys will arrive on site on Friday and WPD will energise ...
but I can't get it to show me any more!
Anyone else got better luck?
A
That's brilliant, I quite like that its went all Pimpernel! :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2