Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
John_S

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by John_S »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:13 pm

Good point Nowty, do we know who the co-investor is?

I've recently done the proving paperwork to show legitimate use of excess power.
Page 9 of the offer document names the co-investor as Bruntwood, a Manchester based property group mainly providing office space. Rather Naughtily, they don't even give the full name of the company eg Bruntwood Ltd or Bruntwood Group Limited etc.

Interestingly, Octopus rent office space from them.

Joe - what evidence have they asked for? I had to use my ID 4 a lot in Jan and Feb and have two Octopus bills showing 700kWh each which should be good enough for 6,999 kWh per year that I have purchased. However, it may well be less on an annual basis.

John
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

John_S wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:28 pm
Joeboy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:13 pm

Good point Nowty, do we know who the co-investor is?

I've recently done the proving paperwork to show legitimate use of excess power.
Page 9 of the offer document names the co-investor as Bruntwood, a Manchester based property group mainly providing office space. Rather Naughtily, they don't even give the full name of the company eg Bruntwood Ltd or Bruntwood Group Limited etc.

Interestingly, Octopus rent office space from them.

Joe - what evidence have they asked for? I had to use my ID 4 a lot in Jan and Feb and have two Octopus bills showing 700kWh each which should be good enough for 6,999 kWh per year that I have purchased. However, it may well be less on an annual basis.

John
John S, I have no bills as such so sent them proof of meter change out Dec 21 and a photo of meter reading from yesterday. This is for the over 7MWh purchase, they seem happy enough in their confirming mail back.. It will be interesting to see how the late March plays out. The timeline is weird as the shares aren't up for offer for very long. I guess when you've got a big dog to back you up they don't need to be!
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
TCA

Post by TCA »

nowty wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:02 pm Interesting post from the Ripple Energy Owners Group on facebook and from the customer services guy at ripple.

Truth or bluff ?, might be true so fill ya boots whilst you still can.
I cant buy anymore, my boots have already overflowed. :evil:

I was given the same information. From the same guy, so not surprising. I asked whether debt finance was a definite if all the shares weren't sold when the offer closes. The answer was no, the co-investor would buy any unsold shares.

Afterwards I wondered the implications of the co-investor/(s) owning more than 50% of the SPV. A controlling interest as it were.

I recall something in the documentation about Ripple offering refunds if the proposition changed by having to bring in another co-investor, which is essentially the same thing.

With the co-op only filling 21% of the shares so far, it seems a stretch that it would reach 51%, never mind 70%.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy, did you get asked for evidence ?

I did for WT1 but not for WT2 even though I massively increased my estimated usage.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

For all these considerations (not worries,) given that lots of big companies are buying into windfarms to generate cashflow and a good return is there any reason why it shouldn't be good for the members of a coop-based investment too?
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
TCA

Post by TCA »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:26 pm For all these considerations (not worries,) given that lots of big companies are buying into windfarms to generate cashflow and a good return is there any reason why it shouldn't be good for the members of a coop-based investment too?
A
Plenty co-ops owning wind farms already exist, so no. It's not a new thing. The only difference with Ripple is the electricity bill credit.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:25 pm Joeboy, did you get asked for evidence ?

I did for WT1 but not for WT2 even though I massively increased my estimated usage.
Yeah, tbh I thought my evidence was slightly shoddy (2 photos) yet seem happy enough. I see the point of justification going on the original ethos of letting more people in. That raises the idea of dropping the 7MWh unjustified closer to the end of month and if people want to weigh in heavy for financial generation beyond the home requirements, why not?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
TCA

Post by TCA »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:04 pm That raises the idea of dropping the 7MWh unjustified closer to the end of month and if people want to weigh in heavy for financial generation beyond the home requirements, why not?
The 120% of home usage rule is Ripple aligning themselves with the tax-free limit for microgeneration, but they haven't established with HMRC whether it's relevant or not. As there definitely appears to be a taxable benefit to the co-op bill credit, the home usage thing seems a complete red herring.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:04 pm
nowty wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:25 pm Joeboy, did you get asked for evidence ?

Yeah, tbh I thought my evidence was slightly shoddy (2 photos) yet seem happy enough. I see the point of justification going on the original ethos of letting more people in. That raises the idea of dropping the 7MWh unjustified closer to the end of month and if people want to weigh in heavy for financial generation beyond the home requirements, why not?
Interesting, I guess my heavy increase in usage over the past few winter months displacing the gas made them think I will use a lot every month when in fact in about a months time my import will be nearer 0MWh per month until October.

They did hint in their webinar that pretty much any sort of excuse like, I am going to buy an EV next year or have a heat pump fitted would be accepted. So your shoddy photos were probably over the top. :lol:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Oh I did mention the EV and storage heaters in the justification mail. :twisted: As should anyone else stru/teetering.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs