OK, let's spec this system.

nowty

Re: OK, let's spec this system.

Post by nowty »

marshman wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:15 pm
nowty wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:35 pm If you buy the bits yourself the VAT is 20% unfortunately.
Even an installer pays the 20% VAT but then claims it back, you cannot.

https://www.bimblesolar.com/budget22
I thought Its only 0 rated if you install Solar PV and batteries at the same time. Batteries on their own are 20%.
Yes your right, batteries on their own has not been added to the 0% list.

But the other welcome change is that materials no longer need to be less than 60% of the total cost which probably prohibited large capacity battery systems being installed with the solar panels as they are comparatively very expensive but relatively easy to install. And also was likely to push up installation costs to keep the materials to within the 60% limit.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Djs63

Post by Djs63 »

Welcome Richbee, I’m also in Northumberland and looking for a similar system to your project but I keep making it (in fantasy land) bigger. We have an EV with a 64 kWh battery and being able to fill that from PV would be nice but hopelessly expensive.
Unless we fill the car directly from PV, eg at 7 kWh rate but then need a storage system....
Anyway we are supposedly in a low rainfall area of the UK but today we have not only 100% cloud cover, but we are in a cloud, also called haar. So low PV output today from our existing minuscule system

Good luck and look forward to hearing more.
Proven 6 kWh max turbine, PV 8 KW solar hot water (15 evacuated tubes). Kia eNiro and MG Z5 EV, triple glazing, ground source heat pump and wood stove plus 3000 trees, battery electric chain saw etc, 6000 litres of rainwater storage
pudding

Post by pudding »

Have you got any DNO approval yet? Going for full G99 approval, or G99 fast track for the batteries alone with G100 for this system?
4kW array w/Fronius | 3.51kW & 3.28kW arrays w/Sunsynk 3.6kW hybrid | 6 x Pylon US3000C
8kW GSHP/MVHR/5kW A2A HP/ Ripple- KH & DW & P4 on the way :D
SafetyThird

Post by SafetyThird »

Not done approval yet, it’s on my list. My thinking is to go for zero export. I’ll get it sorted next week, figured I’d spec out grab the equipment so I know exactly what I’m applying with.
6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with 2 immersions
2 x Woodwarm stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Ripple Derril Water 3.963 kW
pudding

Post by pudding »

Are there any concerns with getting G99 fast track approval? Is your DNO Western Power too? How are you planning on proving/setting up the zero export?

I mentioned to the electrician I am in contact with who I'm hoping with help with this system installation, that I'd had a price for the SquirrelPod and Pylontech batteries that I wanted to get on with ordering due to prices going up and delays. He said to hold off and wouldn't recommend buying anything yet until the DNO gave approval.

Sorry for the sidetrack. Just want to gauge general feedback and opinion of the certainty of G99 fast track approval for this? :?:

Edited to remove non relevant bits related to my own plans. :) :)
Last edited by pudding on Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4kW array w/Fronius | 3.51kW & 3.28kW arrays w/Sunsynk 3.6kW hybrid | 6 x Pylon US3000C
8kW GSHP/MVHR/5kW A2A HP/ Ripple- KH & DW & P4 on the way :D
SafetyThird

Post by SafetyThird »

Yep, I'm with Western Power. They've been very helpful in the past and I'm hoping that the fast track should be fairly simple. I'll find out soon.

If you're looking for info for your own proposed system, it's probably best to open a new thread so comments can be specific to your own situation and setup and won't get confused with my system here.
6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with 2 immersions
2 x Woodwarm stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Ripple Derril Water 3.963 kW
marshman

Post by marshman »

__
Last edited by marshman on Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mrohare

Post by Mrohare »

marshman wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:09 pm
pudding wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:19 pm Are there any concerns with getting G99 fast track approval? Is your DNO Western Power too? How are you planning on proving/setting up the zero export?

I mentioned to the electrician I am in contact with who I'm hoping with help with this system installation, that I'd had a price for the SquirrelPod and Pylontech batteries that I wanted to get on with ordering due to prices going up and delays. He said to hold off and wouldn't recommend buying anything yet until the DNO gave approval.

Sorry for the sidetrack. Just want to gauge general feedback and opinion of the certainty of G99 fast track approval for this? :?:

Edited to remove non relevant bits related to my own plans. :) :)
Pretty sure you can only use the Fast Track application if you are adding just battery storage and associated charger/inverter. If you are adding more panels as well as batteries then you have to do a G99 A1 application. You can add the battery storage/inverter then connect the panels via a separate DC charge controller direct to the batteries, in that case the DNO is not bothered about the PV, but if the PV connects to the same Hybrid inverter as the batteries then you cannot use the fast track process if you already have a PV system installed. Another restriction is the existing system MUST be <16A i.e. 3.68kW . (that is the inverter power and not the panel kWpk)

I have just done this and to be honest it was no real problem once I had got it clear in my head. Pretty sure worst case scenario is they they will not allow any more export and require you to have G100 export limitation. A lot of inverters already have this built in. As long as you ensure your inverter is G98/99 Type Tested and Approved AND on the ENA Type Test Register AND make sure that it is Certified G100 compliant then you should be OK. They approved my Solis Hybrid inverter and did not require any witness tests.

You can do the initial application your self, any boxes you cannot fill in just put TBA (To Be Advised). All they really want to know in the initial stages is how much extra generating capacity you wish to connect - i.e. how big is the inverter, and how much do you already have. They can then make you an "offer". Most DNO's have a contact you can email to get pre-application advice.
Hi @marshman - You seem to know what you are talking about. I am looking at adding the ME3000SP and Pylontech batteries to my existing 4KW Sunnyboy 3600TL system. For the Fast Track (I assume this is what you all mean when you say soft-touch) process with my local DNO I need have G100 limitiation. the Sofar ME3000SP seems to meet the criteria you advised of...
G98/99 Type Tested and Approved AND on the ENA Type Test Register AND make sure that it is Certified G100 compliant
does this mean that the 2 clamps on the ME3000SP are enough to ensure that the G100 limitation happens? or would I need an additional meter of some kind which communicates with the ME3000SP? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Mrohare wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:07 pm Hi @marshman - You seem to know what you are talking about. I am looking at adding the ME3000SP and Pylontech batteries to my existing 4KW Sunnyboy 3600TL system. For the Fast Track (I assume this is what you all mean when you say soft-touch) process with my local DNO I need have G100 limitiation. the Sofar ME3000SP seems to meet the criteria you advised of...
G98/99 Type Tested and Approved AND on the ENA Type Test Register AND make sure that it is Certified G100 compliant
does this mean that the 2 clamps on the ME3000SP are enough to ensure that the G100 limitation happens? or would I need an additional meter of some kind which communicates with the ME3000SP? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Thats fine for G99 fastrack, as I have said on another recent thread the ME3000SP is inherently a G100 zero export device and as you have a G83 3.68kW (16A max) solar inverter you fit the criteria.

https://midsummerwholesale.co.uk/pdfs/s ... ration.pdf
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mrohare

Post by Mrohare »

nowty wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:22 am
Mrohare wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:07 pm Hi @marshman - You seem to know what you are talking about. I am looking at adding the ME3000SP and Pylontech batteries to my existing 4KW Sunnyboy 3600TL system. For the Fast Track (I assume this is what you all mean when you say soft-touch) process with my local DNO I need have G100 limitiation. the Sofar ME3000SP seems to meet the criteria you advised of...
Thats fine for G99 fastrack, as I have said on another recent thread the ME3000SP is inherently a G100 zero export device and as you have a G83 3.68kW (16A max) solar inverter you fit the criteria.

https://midsummerwholesale.co.uk/pdfs/s ... ration.pdf
Thanks. That is what my initial reading of it was, but then as I researched further I got worried I had it wrong. It is just a bit confusing in that document when it says in the section about a seperate pv inverter that

3. Fail safe Operation
G100 requirement:
Where discrete units are used they should preferably be interconnected using metallic or fibre
optic cables.
I wasn't sure if it wanted my sunnyboy and me3000sp linked together (which I cannot find a way to do - except for modbus) or if the clamp on the sunnyboy export was enough for that.
I had read elsewhere about issues with the ME3000SP exporting too much after a power outage due to a recalibration (if not in freeze). I put 2 and 2 together and came up with "I think I might need something additional here"
But, thanks for your clarification.