Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

Umski wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:59 pm Hello folks, noob here - hadn't even come across Ripple until I was researching battery storage and stumbled upon this forum so thanks! (takes me back about 10 years when I was a lurker in what I realise now is referred to as "the old place" but let's not go there!)

So just signed up to 1000W at Kirk Hill to complement the 3.95kWp of PV we had installed in 2013 but was wondering how Ripple link to my Octopus Energy account - is it purely by address or do they cross reference to the MPAN at some point in the future when it's all going? I can't see anything related in my Ripple account that seems to tie the two together?

Thanks!
I think its just your name and address.

We never told Octopus anything, only dealt with ripple, but today as if by magic cash arrives in our Octopus energy accounts from WT1.

PS - Your the 18th member from here on my secret WT2 list.
But there will be others !
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:04 pm Its back on now joeboy !

Might be only 906 happy people now as 1 person has withdrawn their shares (it was in one of the recent Co-Op board mtg minutes).

Email came from ripple saying its only March's savings. If that's true then either the actuals ripple published are understated or there might have been some export generation before the 15th March as I recall it was very windy for a few days before whilst they were commissioning and we did speculate who was getting that free leccy !

Either way its been a long, torturous at times, but ultimately a fruitful journey from waiting 2 years for them to launch their first project, to paying up and waiting over 6 months to get it funded, then another year for it to be built, then another 3 months to get it switched on and finally another month before real cash appears in the Octopus account.

And also a thank you to CleanEarthEnergy who first started identified the site back in 2015 and spent 3 years before planning permission was finally granted in 2018. So its taken over 6 years to get a single wind turbine up and running.
I like this photo. Worth every minute of the wait for this day and a very cool thing to be a part of. :)

'Your first bill savings have been applied to your bills and can be viewed in your Octopus accounts. All together, Graig Fatha members have saved over £16,000 from March's generation and almost £9,000 will go to families in fuel poverty as a result of the Welsh Government's share.

We have calculated your share of Graig Fatha's March generation and worked with Octopus to apply the savings to your bills.'

Going on the official figures i generated 217kWh in March, at 9.5p per kWh I should have received £20.61. Instead i received £34.45 which converts to 362kWh generated on my behalf. That was a seriously windy commissioning phase, happy days! :)

I'll be honest, I am sitting slightly struck in the head with a feeling of surrealality (!) All that time and we are finally at the moving now, splendid!
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:45 pm
Umski wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:59 pm Hello folks, noob here - hadn't even come across Ripple until I was researching battery storage and stumbled upon this forum so thanks! (takes me back about 10 years when I was a lurker in what I realise now is referred to as "the old place" but let's not go there!)

So just signed up to 1000W at Kirk Hill to complement the 3.95kWp of PV we had installed in 2013 but was wondering how Ripple link to my Octopus Energy account - is it purely by address or do they cross reference to the MPAN at some point in the future when it's all going? I can't see anything related in my Ripple account that seems to tie the two together?

Thanks!
I think its just your name and address.

We never told Octopus anything, only dealt with ripple, but today as if by magic cash arrives in our Octopus energy accounts from WT1.

PS - Your the 18th member from here on my secret WT2 list.
But there will be others !
Welcome onboard Umski, on a tremendous day too. I have a vague memory of giving Ripple my account No at Octopus? Its vague though so not to be relied upon.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inskip75

Post by Inskip75 »

This is a post from Linda - Ripple staff member who heads up Marketing Team and is active on the Owners FB page:

"Hi everyone - there are several advanced conversations regarding options for project 3. All of which are really exciting and I can't wait to tell you more. As you can imagine, these are confidential whilst we are reviewing the plans. What I can say is that once Kirk Hill share offer closes, we do plan to move forward with a reservation phase for project 3 for a period of time before opening the full share offer publicly"

Nowty needs to get into detective mode :lol:
5.6kW PV
0.8kW WT1 and 1.2kW WT2
9.6kWh batteries
3.5kW+2.5kW ASHP
Zappi
Seat Mii Electric
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Inskip75 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:24 pm This is a post from Linda - Ripple staff member who heads up Marketing Team and is active on the Owners FB page:

"Hi everyone - there are several advanced conversations regarding options for project 3. All of which are really exciting and I can't wait to tell you more. As you can imagine, these are confidential whilst we are reviewing the plans. What I can say is that once Kirk Hill share offer closes, we do plan to move forward with a reservation phase for project 3 for a period of time before opening the full share offer publicly"

My hope is that project 3 is offshore in nature, multiple of and that I can buy in as a return seeking individual. I'll then use those returns to go further into RE. Although in saying all of that i'd be more than happy to be allowed a 3-5 day window at the end of the investment cycle before they go to an institutional investor. Ach, we'll see. So far they are doing well and doing it right.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
John_S

Post by John_S »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:34 pm
Inskip75 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:24 pm This is a post from Linda - Ripple staff member who heads up Marketing Team and is active on the Owners FB page:

My hope is that project 3 is offshore in nature, multiple of and that I can buy in as a return seeking individual. I'll then use those returns to go further into RE. Although in saying all of that i'd be more than happy to be allowed a 3-5 day window at the end of the investment cycle before they go to an institutional investor. Ach, we'll see. So far they are doing well and doing it right.
I agree with the hope that we can invest in WT3 as investors and not cooperative members.

Otherwise, I can forsee Ripple 's business model falling apart. Once an investor invests enough to receive 120% of their annual usage, they cannot invest in any further projects. There will be a steadily decreasing population of potential investors, ie those with spare funds to invest and a desire to invest. Perhaps as we move away from gas and to heat pumps our usage will rise enough to allow further investment.

The last figure I saw was sub 60% invested in WT2 which, after taking into account the co-investor, would mean that Ripple's share would be less than 30% compared with the 70% that the were originally seeking. This does not bode well for WT3 with the existing business model.
TCA

Post by TCA »

John_S wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:15 pm The last figure I saw was sub 60% invested in WT2 which, after taking into account the co-investor, would mean that Ripple's share would be less than 30% compared with the 70% that the were originally seeking. This does not bode well for WT3 with the existing business model.
Agreed. I asked for an updated percentage invested figure last week and got a reply on the 16th:

"It's a little difficult to give a percentage at the moment but it had of recent been at around 59% and this included the co-investor".

Not sure why the figure isn't readily available given it's quite an important one and it was on the website previously. Anyway, you'd think the debt finance option is looking pretty likely at this stage.
John_S

Post by John_S »

Or perhaps there are other co-investors lined up?
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

John_S wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:57 pm Or perhaps there are other co-investors lined up?
Bank...
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs