Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:14 pm
nowty wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:17 am
NikoV6 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:58 am My only other concern is the tax implications, I am a PAYE tax numpty :oops:
For most people there will be no tax consequences and nothing for them to fill in.

The rebates are classed as "interest" and part of the rebates are classed as capital repayments which are not taxable. Ripple will issue the taxable amounts to all at the end of each tax year, probably on your dashboard.

If that is within your "personal savings allowance (PSA)" tax allowance then there is no further action necessary.

Basic-rate (20%) taxpayers: can earn £1,000 in savings interest per year with no tax
Higher-rate (40%) taxpayers: can earn £500 in savings interest per year with no tax
Additional-rate (45%) taxpayers: £0 – they do not get an allowance.

And for the absence of doubt these allowances are in addition to your personal income tax allowances.
Each time I get enthused about getting some more in Ripple I have to remind myself that I can use gas at about 10 pence a unit or electricity at 36p! Even with Ripple rebates of 9.6p, soon to be 27p a unit, using more electricity is an own goal as I pay more transmission charges etc.
And I shall be paying tax on the "interest" - virtually all from small investments in community renewable energy schemes.
A
Have you thought about an investment in a small battery system and go with a TOU tariff to get that average price per kWh down. I appreciate you might not have an EV but even a E7 tariff might dramatically help you.

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Decembers figures are now on your dashboards. :D
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
nowty

Post by nowty »

Fintray wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:13 pm Decembers figures are now on your dashboards. :D
Cheers Fintray, better than I expected, standby for capacity factor graph. :geek:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Latest capacity factor graph update for WT1 verses the share offer P75 baseline.
Dec was a bit down due to the very cold high pressure weather but Jan looks like its going to smash the baseline.

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Great start to January with another haul yesterday of 86.35% cf and this mornings generation has taken Jan's total beyond that of July's entire months worth. :D
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:53 am Great start to January with another haul yesterday of 86.35% cf and this mornings generation has taken Jan's total beyond that of July's entire months worth. :D
That's is quite a thought! I think that this is the month (and Feb) we've all been waiting for to see what the beastie can do.

Me n swmbo are into Jan with £50 in the VB and incrementally improving PV. Looking forward to seeing just how far we can get before ponying up. :twisted:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AGT

Post by AGT »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:08 am
Adokforme wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:53 am Great start to January with another haul yesterday of 86.35% cf and this mornings generation has taken Jan's total beyond that of July's entire months worth. :D
That's is quite a thought! I think that this is the month (and Feb) we've all been waiting for to see what the beastie can do.

Me n swmbo are into Jan with £50 in the VB and incrementally improving PV. Looking forward to seeing just how far we can get before ponying up. :twisted:

Can I ask what the ‘cf’ means where you have 86.35%?

cheers
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AGT wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:23 am
Joeboy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:08 am

Can I ask what the ‘cf’ means where you have 86.35%?

cheers
Capacity factor, means the percentage of potential performance realised. Also the easiest way for us to talk on a level playing field as owners. Regardless of how much an individual owns we all have the same capacity factor

If Johnny owns 1kWh of the turbine and it runs at 90% cf than means Johnny generated 0.9kWh in that hour.

In 24hrs at 100% cf Johnny should generate 24kWhs. If he generates 18kWh then 18/24 is 75% cf for the day.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
John_S

Post by John_S »

John_S wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:56 pm Something odd is going on with my dashboard.

Before Christmas, the cumulative generation since start per the dashboard equalled the monthly totals plus the daily totals for the current month, up to the last update date. The last update date would always lag behind by a couple of days as the reading was fine tuned from the initial estimate.

Now the cumulative total is well behind what it should be, even if I knock a couple of days off the last update date.

Has anyone else noticed this?

John
Now that the final December numbers are in, I see that Ripple adjusted daily generation back to 23 December. Prior to that, daily figures had never been adjusted after the updated to date on the dashboard.
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

John_S wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:57 am Now that the final December numbers are in, I see that Ripple adjusted daily generation back to 23 December. Prior to that, daily figures had never been adjusted after the updated to date on the dashboard.
I hadn't really noticed much difference, but you are right, my monthly return has been slightly above my calculated total. However as it's only a percent or so (and always upwards!) I'm not going to worry about it...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!