Embellishing twots are us.. Coren

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
marshman

Re: Embellishing twots are us.. Coren

Post by marshman »

Mr Gus wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:47 am Suggest you re-read my previous post regarding non tesla charging @tesla chargers being same cost
Then check out the deal, duration, specific t&c's.

Same price AS tesla users IS A good deal potentially, when needs must.

You myopic sods 😆
And there is the problem. Joe public is used to driving along in their ICE, When they need more dinosaur juice the find the nearest filling station and they can see at a glance what the cost of the fuel is - usually on a tall illuminated sign at the side of the road, they pull in, fill up, pay and go - simples.

My perception based on what I see and read here and elsewhere is that "public" chargers seem to require no end of research reading of t&c's etc. down loading of apps with no clear indication of pricing. Life is too short for me to spend time researching the cost. T&C's etc. The powers that be need to introduce some sort of structure, rules, guidance, standards or whatever because if I can't be ars'd then I can guarantee 90% of the population won't be, and that is a big obstacle to the adoption of EV's. Of course there is no sign of that happening !
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

List, sad truth is that whilst 20 euro one off fee, the european card is the one I tell wife to pull out & try if other rfid cards are not registering ..its more a digital skeleton key that for whatever reason has worked when actual dedicated brand card plays up.

So the question is why is connectivity so iffy?

Heat, cold, localised signal blocked by ..vehicles? a crap map of alleged signal strength that was put out in the 90's as to supposed sim card signal effectiveness not backed up by reality?

Or simp!y godawful specifications for rfid cards & handshake protocols?I

Any takers?

NB, charger locked out means, get on the phone, my time is valuable, 3 strikes rule per card type per charger visit.

However, the "delay in charge starting" ..via govt mandate to grid balance, not advertised at posts in stores etc... this rule was in effect??? over November thru till when? ..has it since been rescinded? ..did this go unnoticed / add to the pro moaner (for monies & media space) problems on an actual day of travel or "owt" ?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

"does my rfid failing to access the unit qualify as a broken charger" ? or is it something else, ..seasoned charge point users your view here please.

How is it logged & dealt with by an operator ..when called, or dived into for a successful hook up percentile?
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

marshman wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:39 am
Mr Gus wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:47 am Suggest you re-read my previous post regarding non tesla charging @tesla chargers being same cost
Then check out the deal, duration, specific t&c's.

Same price AS tesla users IS A good deal potentially, when needs must.

You myopic sods 😆
And there is the problem. Joe public is used to driving along in their ICE, When they need more dinosaur juice the find the nearest filling station and they can see at a glance what the cost of the fuel is - usually on a tall illuminated sign at the side of the road, they pull in, fill up, pay and go - simples.

My perception based on what I see and read here and elsewhere is that "public" chargers seem to require no end of research reading of t&c's etc. down loading of apps with no clear indication of pricing. Life is too short for me to spend time researching the cost. T&C's etc. The powers that be need to introduce some sort of structure, rules, guidance, standards or whatever because if I can't be ars'd then I can guarantee 90% of the population won't be, and that is a big obstacle to the adoption of EV's. Of course there is no sign of that happening !
MM, ..slow down 😉
Many modern car parks operae on phone apps / payment system nowadays to increase operational profit.

Last time we parked, there was a machine, not working, & another sign for phone payments, plus usual "contact details, site number" etc ..akin to a charge point .. By phone was more expensive, logged details on phone, tried calling the big uk operator, ..who doesnt answer & option not clear as to the way through choices.. left message, no reply.

All done whilst in car park, ..at least a charge point is monitored & may be resolved by a human, if "giles" types actually call.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
NikoV6

Post by NikoV6 »

Having had the pleasure of other chargers I really do thank my stars every time I pull up to a Supercharger.

Unless there is an Audi or DPD van taking two slots because 1, charge port in wrong place and 2, Van is too big! :evil: :evil:
14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Wonder what the blocking rules are for those instances? ..check it out, may bump your regularly used site for a quick upgrade & resolve the issue before it really grinds, log details on yr phone & courteously inform the driver ofthe problem/ solution potential the site needs to take to their bosses.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
NikoV6

Post by NikoV6 »

With Ford and now GM getting into bed with Tesla, and fitting NACS charge ports to their vehicles from 2025, I think its time Europe looked at binning CCS (its a bit crap really) and adopting Tesla NACS chargers as the best standard!

Good Munro video here:

14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Munro is a Tesla fanboy. I remember him criticising the pedestrian safety features on the iD4 because pedestrians should just get out of the road.

The Tesla connector might be smaller but it can’t do 3-phase. Originally the Tesla connector was limited to 500V but I believe they’ve upgraded it now. However by far the worst thing for consumers is competing standards. We in Europe are lucky that type-2 and CCS are ubiquitous. Type-1 and ChaDeMo now being obsolete and Tesla having abandoned their proprietary connector many years ago.

The CCS vs Tesla format war is horrible for American consumers.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)