Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Adokforme

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:44 pm I may have set the cat amongst the pigeons.. :twisted:

Get it liked, the more the better. 👍
Sorry Joe, afraid as far as I'm concerned then just as long as the correct amount arrives then a week or two late doesn't cause an issue for me although I appreciate it may for others, especially the newbies.
They did advise it would be later in the month earlier on. Better late than end up with a screw up like the one that happened last weekend with Microsoft.
Ripple are growing at an almost exponential rate ie, one turbine, then 8, a solar farm, then 18 turbines and all while on boarding addtional Utilities in the process. Glad I'm lucky enough to have an interest from the outside without any of the stress of being within. :)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:56 pm
Joeboy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:44 pm I may have set the cat amongst the pigeons.. :twisted:

Sorry Joe, afraid as far as I'm concerned then just as long as the correct amount arrives then a week or two late doesn't cause an issue for me although I appreciate it may for others, especially the newbies.
They did advise it would be later in the month earlier on. Better late than end up with a screw up like the one that happened last weekend with Microsoft.
Ripple are growing at an almost exponential rate ie, one turbine, then 8, a solar farm, then 18 turbines and all while on boarding addtional Utilities in the process. Glad I'm lucky enough to have an interest from the outside without any of the stress of being within. :)
Understood, no worries. My career programming and genetic bent doesn't allow for that way of thinking. I'm working on it though. Should be a perfectly well balanced, empathatic corpse come the day!
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

nowty wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:00 pm And the cash is pilling up faster than I can spend on energy. 8-)

So I have recycled it into more green crap, putting solar onto school roofs. :mrgreen:

The recycled excess Ripple GF cash from less than a year ago has already paid its first dividend for school roof solar in Scunthorpe. :xx:
Its in SWMBO name for tax purposes. ;)

https://nlce.coop/gallery/

16.9kW PV > 108MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 24MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:04 pm
nowty wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:00 pm And the cash is pilling up faster than I can spend on energy. 8-)

So I have recycled it into more green crap, putting solar onto school roofs. :mrgreen:

The recycled excess Ripple GF cash from less than a year ago has already paid its first dividend for school roof solar in Scunthorpe. :xx:
Its in SWMBO name for tax purposes. ;)

https://nlce.coop/gallery/

I'm similar Linconshire school solar.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:05 pm

Understood, no worries. My career programming and genetic bent doesn't allow for that way of thinking. I'm working on it though. Should be a perfectly well balanced, empathatic corpse come the day!
:hysteria: Nice one, haven't come across that phrase before. :surrender:
nowty

Post by nowty »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:44 pm
nowty wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:05 pm
They have failed to mention It used to be the first week before it became the second week and now going to the third week. :evil:
... and we are now into the fourth week!
A post on the facebook group is now saying after a chat with Ripple its not coming until August now.

I wonder if that means the 3rd week in August. :?:
16.9kW PV > 108MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 24MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
cojmh

Post by cojmh »

You are not the only one who leans more to this side. I think it is a case of "do what you say you are going to do"

The problem is that they are training us all to never believe anything they say because ultimately it always changes and stuff is never delivered on time.

I do applaud what they are trying to do and I really want them to succeed but I have to admit I am getting frustrated with the perception that they are not at all well organised - or at least come across that way from the way they communicate.

I will say again though, I do want them to succeed - I hope my misgivings are all wrong and I am just being unrealistic.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

cojmh wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:01 pm
You are not the only one who leans more to this side. I think it is a case of "do what you say you are going to do"

The problem is that they are training us all to never believe anything they say because ultimately it always changes and stuff is never delivered on time.

I do applaud what they are trying to do and I really want them to succeed but I have to admit I am getting frustrated with the perception that they are not at all well organised - or at least come across that way from the way they communicate.

I will say again though, I do want them to succeed - I hope my misgivings are all wrong and I am just being unrealistic.
Great to read I'm not alone! :twisted:

I read their last timeline email as a classic Italian style destra/sinestra move. Designed to allow nice people natural mindflow to run em down the chute. It took 3 goes yesterday to get good old Felicity to admit that it will be the last days of July before May/June payment is made.

I would like them to do well but this lack of honest direct timely communication even on awkward subjects makes me want to reach out and snap their collective Bobbsy twin. 'We're oh so nice and isn't it all just smashing' necks. Oh look a light show, great!

What really boils my piss is that there is some poor prick out there right now who needs the money generated by KH.to take the pressure off. These wankers are now literally pissing in his face after taking his money every month until he'd paid his due to help build the farm. I'm going to stop, it doesn't do me any good to go this way.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
cojmh

Post by cojmh »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:12 pm

I read their last timeline email as a classic Italian style destra/sinestra move. Designed to allow nice people natural mindflow to run em down the chute. It took 3 goes yesterday to get good old Felicity to admit that it will be the last days of July before May/June payment is made.

I would like them to do well.but this lack of honest direct timely communication even on awkward subjects makes me want to reach out and snap their collective Bobbsy twin. 'We're so nice and isn't it all just smashing' necks. Oh look a light show, great!
I think what worries me the most is that I have seen this sort of behaviour before from other organisations and generally they fell into two different categories - either overwhelmed (i.e. too much work and not enough resource) or the organisation was facing significant financial stress at the time.

Now, I have not done any research into ripple recently (really not had the time due to building work) but it has just raised a few red flags with me and I hope that neither category is true - but I don't really believe what they are telling me anymore so it just sits as a bit of a worry for me and I hope they resolve whatever it is ASAP - not because I want the £20 - £30 I am apparently due but because I just want to have more confidence in this.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

cojmh wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:21 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:12 pm

I would like them to do well.but this lack of honest direct timely communication even on awkward subjects makes me want to reach out and snap their collective Bobbsy twin. 'We're so nice and isn't it all just smashing' necks. Oh look a light show, great!
I think what worries me the most is that I have seen this sort of behaviour before from other organisations and generally they fell into two different categories - either overwhelmed (i.e. too much work and not enough resource) or the organisation was facing significant financial stress at the time.

Now, I have not done any research into ripple recently (really not had the time due to building work) but it has just raised a few red flags with me and I hope that neither category is true - but I don't really believe what they are telling me anymore so it just sits as a bit of a worry for me and I hope they resolve whatever it is ASAP - not because I want the £20 - £30 I am apparently due but because I just want to have more confidence in this.
Worst case, they go tits up. We and the banks own the farms. A bit of restructuring and maybe more honesty rather that up to the line of disemmbling and constant missing targets. Maybe even a restructuring of the financial status of the Co op. Although I wouldn't now go beyond 120% if offered it.

They just aren't professional enough for decent volumes of personal investment.

All the best on the build!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs